Member Array
    Car:
    1996 EK

B16 into 96 ek1 (what parts do I need?)

Hi all,

Interested in putting a b16 into my 96 ek1.
    In relation to the engine is there a year stamp on the engine anywhere, in other words if I cant find a b16 96 or newer would I be able to use a b16 from an eg or crx?

1. Parts I need:
    - engine package (gearbox, wiring harness, ecu ... Anything else?)
    - radiator hoses
    - shift linkage (99-00 civic si/ek4)??
    - driver side engine post (99-00 b16 or si)??
    - real L bracket ( 99-00 b16/si)??
    - fuel system (99-00 si)
    - fuel feed soft line (fuel filter to fuel rail)

I wrote these up a while ago can you guys confirm and add or critique my parts list i need Ur help.
    Thanks so much sorry for being a nooob lol

keen to know about this too ^

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R>AH>EK>DC2
    There was a thread debating if you can use a pre-96 engine in a 96 car, iirc; as long as the emissions are not greatly increased it should be ok. (Inb4 quoted on this)
    SPAMMAPS
    Carburettor|Nation

that mikey G guy is the biggest shit talker ive ever met..
    in the space of 15minutes he sold two sets of wheels. claims a guy under the username DNT-CRY bought them!

Member Array
    Car:
    B16 EK1/EK1/KA9
    Parts you need:
    - engine package (gearbox, wiring harness *OBD2A*, ecu OBD2A or OBD1 with conversion harness ... Anything else?) - make sure to de-immobilize the ECU too, follow ECU-MAN's guide or get someone to do it for you.
    - radiator hoses - I'd also suggest a two core alloy B series rad too, the D16 rad uses slightly smaller hoses and is single core so it's usable but not ideal imo.
    - shift linkage (99-00 civic si/ek4)?? - Can also use DC2
    - driver side engine post (99-00 b16 or si) / two bolt EK4/9 or if using aftermarket mounts (hasport etc) can use a 3 bolt out of any DC2 or EG
    - rear T bracket ( 99-00 b16/si) / EK4/9
    - fuel system (99-00 si) - unsure what you mean here, fuel system can remain unchanged, just swap the soft lines over.
    - fuel feed soft line (fuel filter to fuel rail)
    - Axles (EK4/DC2 etc)

I would also recommend some aftermarket mounts, the oem ones are okay but will flog out in short time plus have crap tons of movement in them.
    Can re-use the D16 O2 and IAT sensors.

As for the age thing, it's certainly possible to run an older B16 fairly easily, but you'll have to change completely or use conversion plugs for the Dizzy, Injectors and Alternator, unsure if you'd then use a OBD2A ECU or OBD1 with conversion harness. Don't think it's seen as legal to use an older engine but who cares / would know or check at the end of the day.

Either way I'd avoid going that route if possible and just try to buy an OBD2A B16 instead.

If you want to keep A/C too without swapping to B series parts you'll need a P54 A/C bracket off a CRX DelSol, this will allow you to use the D16 compressor still.

Think that's about all of it that I can think of atm.
    Last edited by D0nnie Dark0; 23-09-2015 at 02:13 AM.