Exclamation Brake upgrade - no info online

Long story short, I upgraded rear brakes on my EG8 GLI to disc, with this conversion I took the master cylinder and the bias valve, now I've done the conversion I have huge pedal travel and terrible brakes.

So I identified the issue as either the M/C or the bias valve being from a model with different front brakes. problem is I have no idea what, I assumed it was a VTI EG5, but I now have no idea.

anyway, to fix the issue (and because I already purchased expensive brake pads) I've decided to use front brakes off a Del Sol, being they match my already purchased brake pads (DB1286) problem is I can't find a Del Sol in VIC at a self serve wrecker, this is a budget thing, so I don't want to waste money going to a Honda wreckers that will want 3 times the price of a self serve.

So my question is, can I mix and match?

I was thinking grabbing the steering knuckle, hub and disc from a DC4 Integra, as they are everywhere, and then a caliper from an EK GLI (they list the same brake pad, so assume they are the same caliper)

Yes I know I could do this many different ways, but I had to get these brake pads made in this compound for me, so really want to stick with them, and it's actually cheaper to do it this way then buy another set of pads.
    Lets do Racing

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Need more information dude. What exactly is it that you're trying to do?

Are you trying to fit 262mm front brakes and 240mm rear brakes to your EG8 (originally 240mm front and drum rears)?

If that's the case I don't know why you're trying to use EK1 front calipers with a DC4 knuckle. Fairly sure EK1 has 240mm front brakes (someone correct me if I'm wrong). You can just use the DC4gsi/DC2vtir/EK4vtir/DelSol front calipers as they should all be the same, and they're meant for 262mm discs.

As for the proportioning valve, try to get one off the same model of car that the brakes came from.
    Last edited by Super-DA9; 31-08-2015 at 09:11 AM.
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    Your pedal is long because you either changed the front callipers or got air in the system. If you changed the front callipers your BMC is not longer suitable for the task and it needs to be upgrades to a larger bore BMC.

The pissy little GLi BMC cannot provide enough fluid to the callipers when your first depress the brake pedal and require you to go in for another shot at it to pull the car up.

Maybe I didn't get my point across clearly.

I need a specific caliper, the caliper suits brake pad part number DB1286, these calipers I believe come on EK GLI/VTI, DC2 (5 stud) and I know they come on EG2 CRX (4 stud)
    the knuckle is fine, that I can get off any DC4 at any wreckers.
    I assume the hubs are the same whether it's 240mm or 262mm?

So I need to know if I can grab a knuckle and hub from a DC4, and then put a caliper from an EK GLI/VTI on.

My aim is to not stuff around changing BMC and Bias valves, I know the ones I've got are good, just just need to be matched up to 262mm brake calipers.
    Lets do Racing

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Sorry but there's some problems with your information there.

First of all 5 stud DC2 (ITR) has totally different calipers, discs and pads to the rest of the cars you mentioned. EK Gli and VTiR don't share the same calipers either as far as I understand.

I don't think 242 and 262 knuckles are the same either. I don't know about the hubs though.

What car is that brake pad part number for?

If you're trying to put 262mm brakes on the front then you need the calipers off a DC2vtir (4 stud), DC4, EK4vtir or DelSol as I said before.. There might be other models that use 262mm brakes but surely you can find one of those easy enough..
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Yeah I got all that, but the caliper on all those models are different to the ones I need, except of course for the Delsol, Not sure about the EK VTIR.

So I need to know if I can grab the caliper I need from an EK GLI/VTI and fit it to the knuckle of anything that suits with 262mm brakes.

it's easy enough to upgrade to any old 262mm brake set up, but the caliper I need is exclusive to the Delsol, and from what I have found EK GLI/VTI regardless of what size disc they have, also various other import models. I need to stick with this specific caliper, but finding one off a Delsol is harder than I thought, and a lot pricier as well, but if the EK GLI/VTI is the same then this search becomes a lot easier.
    Lets do Racing

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    sounds like you're trying to center your brake system around so,e pads you bought.

not the best way to work your problem.

remember to source brakes from red cars. they're usually better
    SSpamily