Member Array
    Car:
    EF8 CRX

CRX SiR EF8 Brake Compatibility

G'day all,

I'm looking for the compatibility of the standard ef8 crx brakes. I'm looking for new pads and discs and there are not many listings in the way of the EF8 crx. Audm ED9 are easy to find but not my car. I know many other Hondas used the same size disc but I believe the calipers had differences.

I want to buy a rebuild kit specific to my calipers as well which again are difficult to find, yet there are plenty for civic/integra etc.

If anyone knows if the calipers were shared with other models it would be helpful as well as pads/discs.

Kind Regards,

Information lifted from Project MU JAPAN

EF8:
    Front = F378 [DA5/7 Integra, EF9 Civic, KA1-6 Legend, BA4/5 Prelude]
    Rear = R388 [GD1/3 GE6/8 Fit, CR-X, EG4/EG5/EG6/EG9 Civic, DC2 Integra, CA1 Accord, MA2/3 Concerto, EG1 Del Sol]

Looks like your front will be the biggest headache, rear quite easy. Perhaps consider converting the front to a latter setup if possible.
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5.9, EF9, EL2
    can get you OEM pads f you so desire

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, EF8, EF2
    The front discs and pads are the same as DA9 (not DA6, as they're a different caliper again) and BA4 prelude, rear discs and pads the same as basically any rear disc 90s Honda as DreadAngel notes above. When ordering brake parts for my EF8 I just tell the seller I have a DA9 Integra as that braking system is basically identical.

Member Array
    Car:
    EF8 CRX
    Thank you all very much for your help. That's very helpful and greatly appreciated.

With the calliper rebuild kits they are still the same as those cars listed as well or is it just pads and discs etc?

CRX51, can you give me your VIN/Chassis #?
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    EF8 CRX
    I can
    Vin is-
    is-
    6U90000EF81003746