Newcomer Array
    Car:
    MY06 Jazz VTi

GD - Interior backlight - A/C and rear demister

Hi guys,

I have 2007 GD VTi that I just replaced the A/C button light (blue/green when you turn A/C on). After roughly putting everything back I found the backlights for A/C and rear demister buttons not turning on anymore when I turned on parker or headlights. I tried different bulbs and bulb that I know for sure is working, no joy.

Aren't they supposed to be on with parker or headlights? Or my memory is failing me...

Thanks.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    They're not supposed to be on regardless of whether your lights are on or not.
    They only come on when you use the a/c or demister.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    MY06 Jazz VTi
    Thanks ktran.

Still puzzled cos I thought I've seen the demister backlight is on while driving at night. Then, each of A/C and demister button housing has two bulbs. Maybe one is just dummy bulb with no connection to any power?

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/5921/acbutton.jpg
    Last edited by easy_peasy899; 25-08-2015 at 10:08 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 + GE8
    Quote Originally Posted by easy_peasy899 View Post
    Hi guys,

I have 2007 GD VTi that I just replaced the A/C button light (blue/green when you turn A/C on). After roughly putting everything back I found the backlights for A/C and rear demister buttons not turning on anymore when I turned on parker or headlights. I tried different bulbs and bulb that I know for sure is working, no joy.

Aren't they supposed to be on with parker or headlights? Or my memory is failing me...

Thanks.
    I had the same problem as you but the replacement bulbs from honda are like $5-8 EACH, so I thought I'd leave it. Yes, the A/C and Demister backlight comes ON when parker or headlight is on.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    MY06 Jazz VTi
    Fixed now. Thanks guys.

Bought pack of 10 white Neo Wedge LEDs bay of E spec ($4) + orange colour permanent marker ($1) for OEM look.

Replaced 4 bulbs, and have 6 spares.

Have to keep stealerships away from my pocket. Haha.