Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    S2k + CBX250

E-Brake Light is Stuck ON (!)

Hi peeps

Hit the drags locally (Perth, AUS) last Wednesday and as i was going down the pass the E-Brake light came on - looks like this (!).
    I was in fourth gear at the time doing about 140kph (90ish MPH)
    I checked the handbrake by pushing on it.

After the pass i parked up and turned off the car turned the key back on - light was still there
    I pushed the handbrake down - light stayed on
    I checked if the roof engaged with the handbrake down - it didnt and light stayed on
    Also disconnected the Convertible Roof control unit
    so its not the handbrake.

I then unplugged the the Mastercylinder float switch - light stayed on
    Fluid was not low either and float seemed to be floating as usual.

From the diagram i gather thats all there is to it, with all ends open the light should not ground.
    If its shorting where would it be is it common?

I think it cant be shorting on the handbrake side of the circuit otherwise the soft top would be functional even with handbrake down.
    only other thing i can think of is a short on the float switch side.

Anyone got any ideas to diagnose?

pm cbauto

he fixed something like this only a month or so ago

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R>AH>EK>DC2
    What car is this for Baby?
    SPAMMAPS
    Carburettor|Nation

that mikey G guy is the biggest shit talker ive ever met..
    in the space of 15minutes he sold two sets of wheels. claims a guy under the username DNT-CRY bought them!

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    float might be stuck. take it out and clean it.
    SSpamily

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOGUNOVDDRK View Post
    What car is this for Baby?
    Skynoose s2000
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Check your brake pedal where it contacts the brake light switch. Not sure if Honda ever went away from this set-up, but on earlier models there is/was a soft plastic stop button that presses into a hole in the bracket the stop light switch hits against. They crumble with age. Look on your floor for bits of plastic under the pedals.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R>AH>EK>DC2
    Muahahahaa the 5c fix
    SPAMMAPS
    Carburettor|Nation

that mikey G guy is the biggest shit talker ive ever met..
    in the space of 15minutes he sold two sets of wheels. claims a guy under the username DNT-CRY bought them!

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    Quote Originally Posted by hondapop View Post
    Check your brake pedal where it contacts the brake light switch. Not sure if Honda ever went away from this set-up, but on earlier models there is/was a soft plastic stop button that presses into a hole in the bracket the stop light switch hits against. They crumble with age. Look on your floor for bits of plastic under the pedals.
    That's the brake light switch. He's talking about the handbrake/low fluid dash light
    SSpamily

Quote Originally Posted by cbauto View Post
    That's the brake light switch. He's talking about the handbrake/low fluid dash light
    On my first Honda (CA Accord hatch) I once had the brake warning light staying on and couldn't find the reason. It turned out to be a blown brake light bulb. On the back of the tail/brake/reversing light assembly there was a small black box about 25mm or so square. I have not seen this on any of the other Hondas I have had (all old ones). Once the bulb was replaced the warning light went out.

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    Quote Originally Posted by hondapop View Post
    On my first Honda (CA Accord hatch) I once had the brake warning light staying on and couldn't find the reason. It turned out to be a blown brake light bulb. On the back of the tail/brake/reversing light assembly there was a small black box about 25mm or so square. I have not seen this on any of the other Hondas I have had (all old ones). Once the bulb was replaced the warning light went out.
    Ahh yes true. I also remember the dash warning light come on with a faulty bulb on dads old 88 accord.
    SSpamily

Honda's wiring diagrams, like the one the OP has posted, they tend to only show circuits as they apply to a particular item, don't give a very good overview of how those circuits interact with the rest of the system. I remember coming across that little gadget when wiring a trailer connection in. Oddly there were no extra wires coming or going to it than there would be without it and it wasn't till that brake bulb failure that I figured out that it must have reacted to the lack of current to the bulb and triggered an electronic impulse back to the warning light circuitry to activate the light. Something like the digital command control used for model trains, slot cars and your electric water heater at home. Maybe Honda only uses it on Accords and above, certainly isn't on my late 80's CRX.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Baby face could having LED lights muck with the wiring?
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum