Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz 2004

Hoda Jazz Catalytic Converter - Opinion

Hi Everyone,

I have just gotten back from Scotts Honda. Looks like my 2004 Jazz Vti 1.5 CVT has a problem with the Catalytic converter - it makes an annoying rattling noise and I noticed the car is not as responsive when I hit the gas.

The quote from them to fix it up using genuine Honda parts range from $2300 to $3000. The variation in price is due to the oxygen sensors. If they are in good shape when they remove it from the old converter, I wouldn't need to replace them. However, the person talking to me mentioned that - quite frequently, their thread crumble when they are removed from the converter, if it happens, the sensors can not be fitted again.

Although my car is lovely and has never given me issues, $3000 is too much cash to put in an old car.

I got a quote from Quick-Fit Mufflers to weld a universal catalytic converter for $450.00 (parts + labour included).

I would like to hear your opinion:

• Am I risking future headaches by taking cheaper route to solve this problem?

• Have you dealt with Quick-Fit Mufflers? Would you recommend them?

Thank you in advance for your help and attention!

Have a great one!

Get an aftermarket one as quoted.

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    Get an aftermarket one as quoted.
    x2, would be batshit crazy to go genuine honda @3k, brb cat cost nearly as much as the whole car is worth
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    I had the same issue, 200 bucks later new cat converter fitted and issue was fixed.
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    De Cat
    Flames out the back
    Winning
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Did you just say $700 for o2 senors? Wut. How is that dealer taking you for a ride.

I also reckon your getting jibbed on the aftermarket option. $450 just for a cat to be welded in? You can do better, specially for a "universal" cat.

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Also o2 sensors dont crumble...... that metal is desgined to take the cats heat. Dont quote me on this last time I checked in order for the cat to do its thing it needs to get hot.... very hot like 600 deg hot.

It just hard to remove them... sometimes.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    o2 sensor from amayama.com / JDMyard etc. will set you back $250 tops
    OE replacment cat $200+
    Labour - $100+

Dunno how this dealer wants to charge you a ****load
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum