What have i disconnected!? :|

Hi guys,

A while ago I attempted to install a new central locking system on my car, as the locks were making noises.

I didn't really know what I was doing and I went and cut a couple of wires off from 2 black connectors near the pedals, as I thought this was part of the old locking system.

I ended up getting my locks checked out at the workshop and they fixed them up, the wires i cut off were still disconnected and they didn't mention them so I was assuming they were not part of the locks after all.

I am now worried as to what I actually disconnected, in case this is important? The car runs fine in every way but I am still worried as to what I have done.

I have included photos of where I have cut the wires and the connectors themselves (see below)

FYI I have listed the colours of the wires in each connector:

Connector 1:
    blue
    blue/red stripe
    white
    white/red stripe
    2 x black

Connector 2:
    grey
    black
    brown
    light green
    green/red stripe

See below further for photos.

Please tell me what I have done and what I should do about it, thank you!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG2994.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	97.0 KB 
ID:	28913Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG2993.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	88.8 KB 
ID:	28914Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG2991.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	82.1 KB 
ID:	28915

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    I don't belive they are Honda OE, I would hazard a guess and say your car once had an aftermarket alarm system fitted which also did run central locking by the looks, however it sounds as though it may have been "disabled" rather than removed.
    I have come across alarms and the like before where to disable them people have just cut the power supply and retuned the wiring to standard but left additional relays and control units etc with all their signal wires connected, it looks as though this is what you have come across.

Thanks mate big help! The car runs fine in every way so that is a little peace of mind. Just glad there's no safety issues associated with it..

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    What have you done
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015