Thread: Pros/ Cons EP3R

Pros/ Cons EP3R

Hey guys im about to make a jump from a DC2R to a EP3r. I just wanna know the sort of things i should be looking at when im buying the car and possibly cons of owning them and of course pros. Ive always liked hot hatchbacks and ep3 so it deffos has a soft spot for me. Thank you!
    Last edited by jivan430; 24-10-2015 at 12:49 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EP3
    Before buying EP3 check front suspension components, as these wear out pretty quickly (bushings, tie rod ends, ball joint and sway bar end links)
    Check for signs of wear on your clutch, standard one takes a hammering and arent really that good tbh.
    Engine mounts too are worth checking out.
    Just general checks for mechanical issues as you would for any other used car really.

As for cons of owning one, it is a pain to park, turning circle is terrible and the red Recaro's are a pain to clean.
    IMO try to find a facelift model.

Most importantly K series is cray.

Great car. Not an upgrade from a dc2r though !

If if you are single , best car for thrashing about.I don't regret owning one - really liked the look of the little thing. It needed less weight and a touch more power and it would of been a weapon.

@bennjamin - i know its thats pretty debatle on if its an upgrade or not considering the engine in the ep3 is quicker and most japanese reviews have shown thats its quicker than the dc2r overall. The DC2R is pretty raw for me and its just not hte nicest daily thats why im deciding to move to a hatchback for a bit and test that one. Its also easier to get more power out of k series engines

@ricciardi80 - Thanks for your reply mate! will keep all those things into consideration when looking out for the car!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EP3
    Quote Originally Posted by jivan430 View Post
    @bennjamin - i know its thats pretty debatle on if its an upgrade or not considering the engine in the ep3 is quicker and most japanese reviews have shown thats its quicker than the dc2r overall. The DC2R is pretty raw for me and its just not hte nicest daily thats why im deciding to move to a hatchback for a bit and test that one. Its also easier to get more power out of k series engines
    The hatchback will give you a touch more practicality. But it is still a Type R and is designed for the track. Won't be any better in carparks or sitting in traffic.

I've owned a DC4 and the seating position and lower centre of gravity felt much more 'race car' IMO

The driving position is a bit high. Want lower seat rails.
    Using Tapatalk

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    dc2 ;)
    I own a dc2r my best mate owns an ep3, steering feels like a boat, seating position is weird a lot higher up, although it comes with a k20a its weighs more, tho it does beat me in the straights, it has more space in the backseats, climate control ac, much nicer shifter, seats are more daily friendly, easy to get in and out and drive. if ur not flogging it its more economical in the end they are 2 different cars... ep3 is something id probably daily, dc2r is truly something special. I dont really think u can compare the two, both are great cars, btw watch out for those ep3s with "low ks" all that shits been rolled back

@xdaboi thanks for your reply man, i agree with everything you say 100% no doubt. funny you alk about the k's! been told by many other members most with low k's will have a different story under the hood. Gotta be careful since their all imports. I would keep my dc2r but really need a nicer daily is the main reason is all with still some grunt is all!