Mad Noob D series action

hey guys,

I'm a Nissan and Holden nerd, but after selling my 260z Im trying to get into a small fun car I can work on myself. I'm looking at either a dual carb EF or EG, preferably the EG as there is way more parts available.

I know the breeze comes with the 1.5lt dual carb, but I was wondering if there were any other models I should be looking at? I've seen a few Mini-Me threads, but I dont know how it goes with the carb motors. Is there a build you guys know of that is a dual carb DOHC head? I'm pretty keen on carbs as I've got some good parts here and want to build something silly I can tune myself. I just need to keep the carbs and at least get some DOHC or some more power action.

I'm also keen on the brake upgrades, I can see that the EG SLI rear brakes will work, is there a cheap front brake upgrade for EGs?
    Last edited by kaws; 16-11-2015 at 11:01 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Yea you can use brakes from EK4/DC2R or even re drill mini rotors with calipers from DC2R.

Dont forget to get the brake booster etc.

Member Array
    Car:
    '93 EG Si
    Quote Originally Posted by kaws View Post
    i know the breeze comes with the 1.5lt dual carb
    edit: 1.3l
    Currently officially unofficially Ozhonda's vinyl sticker distributor:
    1 Small 150 x 29mm: $6 posted
    1 Large 250 x 43mm: $8 posted

IG: thenameis3k9

There's a reason there are few if any carby DOHC honda projects out there. The EFI gives a better power spread, uses less fuel, has lower emissions, is more driveable and reliable.

I grew up on a diet of weber / dellorto fed datsun rally cars and since going to efi haven't looked back. After my last abomination (51 IDA rx2 rally car) I never want to see another carby.

You can pick up a b16/b18 converted eg for $2-3k, or a vti-r integra for similar. They are a great drive straight out of the box, and with some suspension and engine tweaks are a lot of fun.

If you look up Street Level Tuning on Facebook (they're based in Adelaide), they have an ED6 running a dual carb D16A8.

Almost spent coin on that setup in an old Eg I had - would of sounded gorgeous.
    Also you can use a (cable?) b series gearbox / driveshafts with that motor.