Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Civic 2007 Vti Rear Pads

Hey guys, one of the rear pads on my civic 2007 vti is squeeling when i brake. Looking to get new pads just for daily/general use. Looking for something under $100 which are on par with OEMs but with no noise. Can anyone point me in the right direction.

Cheers

OEM is best. No noise and sufficient for all road applications.

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    OEM from JDMyard cheap as I remember.

If they are too far, bendix general CT's is the wun to choose from supercheap or repco.

Can't see OEM ones from jdm, how are the project MU ones? Are the bendix ct one's better than oem?

Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Bendix ct are fine, you aren't tracking your car so no point going for anything other than oem or oem equivalent
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Call them

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Usually OEM from the dealer are around $170+
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Quote Originally Posted by Jasemas View Post
    Usually OEM from the dealer are around $170+
    maybe so

But let's put some thought into perspective.

On the street OEM pads are superior in almost every way to any aftermarket pads. Any other brand will squeal earlier and more often , and produce more dust. Over the lifespan of the pad , you would likely also wear the disc rotor faster (with non OEM pads).
    So , the extra cash over 20,30,40k isn't looking so bad.
    Plus , DIY it and save more cash.

Dont skimp on such things guys.

Hey, i had the pads replaced (they were near EOL). But i still get the squeeling. It happens when im braking from low speed like <40km and happens more so on even road than sloped roads. Sometimes happens as soon as i start driving or for the whole trip so not just when cold. Had the brake rotors checked and also brake fluid/brake cleaner used. Anyone have any ideas?

Cheers

If they're OEM there have been a lot of comments previously that they're like that, but still it's not really acceptable. I've replaced my rears with OEM pads and I haven't had anything wrong with them.

Member Array
    Car:
    Corolla Spec S
    have you checked the front pads?
    peteju captures, like us on facebook..