Thread: FN2 HID Kits

FN2 HID Kits

Hi Guys,

I've been thinking about doing this conversion recently and just wanted to see other people's opinions and if you have done it. I saw on ebay there were a few options can anyone give some advice pls? I saw a post on the UK forums about HID conversion and it looked pretty good but would like to hear from a locals perspective what you did and where you got it done etc?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/35W-AC-H7...4AAOSwymxVPj-k

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HONDA-CIV...sAAOxycD9TQS5~

Cheers guys.

Did it myself some time ago, it was all fairly simple. Have to drill out the back of the screw on covers and slip the rubber grommets through, rest just plugs in to the existing.

I bought mine off Mr Jp on the civinfo forum in the UK and had them shipped, although I'm sure any of the ebay kits do the job

I choose 6000K

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffmeister View Post
    Did it myself some time ago, it was all fairly simple. Have to drill out the back of the screw on covers and slip the rubber grommets through, rest just plugs in to the existing.

I bought mine off Mr Jp on the civinfo forum in the UK and had them shipped, although I'm sure any of the ebay kits do the job

I choose 6000K
    I would get Mr JPs HIDs he has not had any issues from what I have heard from(I am a reg on civinfo) he also now stocks LED kits, but LEDs are still new and can be hit and miss in terms of beam pattern, so HID kits would be the way to go

I would recommend 5000K, a little more light output and less obvious that you are running HIDs

If your going to go for an ebay kit make sure you get a H7R kit
    If you just use H7s you will create alot of glare, H7R fixes this issue
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	h7h7r.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	32.9 KB 
ID:	29013  

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    How much better is the beam spread on the h7r?

I don't want to have a scattered beam blinding every man and his dog on the road
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Cheers guys I will look at Mr Jps

Quote Originally Posted by RenzokukenJ View Post
    How much better is the beam spread on the h7r?

I don't want to have a scattered beam blinding every man and his dog on the road
    H7R just have some tape over some of the areas that create glare on the bulb, this way light is blocked from this area and you reduce the amount of glare.

As always when ever you change a headlight bulb, you should do an alignment.
    But even more so since you are going to HID.

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    True, but is this going to actually have a proper cut off or will it just scatter the light all over the place anyway?
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

The cutoff is not done by the bulb, but the headlight unit, the H7R bulb just prevents glare which will blind other drivers.

What Grayfox said, 4300K is the best in terms of output. It has a small tinge of yellow in it.

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayfox View Post
    The cutoff is not done by the bulb, but the headlight unit, the H7R bulb just prevents glare which will blind other drivers.
    Yeah rightio