I've set the album to 'public' though.
    Currently officially unofficially Ozhonda's vinyl sticker distributor:
    1 Small 150 x 29mm: $6 posted
    1 Large 250 x 43mm: $8 posted

IG: thenameis3k9

Member Array
    Car:
    '93 EG Si
    My personal cute reindeer and I would like to wish you and your lovely Hondas and other loved automobiles and wonderful Christmas and Happy new yr!

Last edited by 3K9; 01-01-2016 at 03:14 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    '93 EG Si
    -NOTE: If you can't see my pics, let me know.-

Harro,

Went to my Aus Jazz Group meet up recently, ended up only 5 of us turned up at Sydney Olympic Park, apparently a GD only meet.

If you are wondering why my front wheels are stock rims, because my fronts are at bare minimum tread, needed to pass pinkslip.

Installed Cusco front strut bar.

What a tight space at the wheel wells, I just managed with the springs in the way. Extension through the springs to tighten, haha.

Strut bar came with only 10mm nuts and bolts. Thinking that it is a little small. Do you peeps reckon the size is sufficient enough for holding the strut down?

What's next in the near future? (In order)

- Hardrace engine mounts
    - Brakes
    - Hardrace sussy bushings
    - Upgrade sussy
    - Tyres
    - Intake
    - Headers

Yo!
    Last edited by 3K9; 11-12-2016 at 06:28 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    great to see more updates!
    photo 1,2 and 4 aren't working.

Member Array
    Car:
    '93 EG Si
    Quote Originally Posted by ktran View Post
    great to see more updates!
    photo 1,2 and 4 aren't working.
    Thanks, pics should be working now.

are you going to get JDM plates?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2005 Jazz VTi
    Hi,

Love the read and info, looking good and congrats..

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    How are you progressing with the car? Have you gotten new engine mounts yet? If so, how do you find the Hardrace?
    I have a set of J's Racing and am a little hesitant installing them. Still unsure whether to go with the stiffer mounts or not.

Member Array
    Car:
    '93 EG Si
    Quote Originally Posted by 42883512 View Post
    are you going to get JDM plates?
    I'll just leave it. The current international plates is close to actual JDM size plates. It looks JDM enough, plus with my numberplates = JDM = JDMYO!
    Will go JDM plates for the EG.

Quote Originally Posted by ktran View Post
    How are you progressing with the car? Have you gotten new engine mounts yet? If so, how do you find the Hardrace?
    I have a set of J's Racing and am a little hesitant installing them. Still unsure whether to go with the stiffer mounts or not.
    Well, since my mounts are 10 years old, I can't give you a fair, direct comparison between stock vs Hardrace mounts, only busted driver's side engine mount + alright condition other three mounts vs Hardrace.
    Well, now, no more unnecessary wheel hops, less engine movement... more responsive engine, increased cabin vibration slightly for dat racecar feel and slight increase in exhaust note to go with it.

Again, if you can't see my pics, do let me know.

Deezz nuts! Rays nuts. Gotti!
    Smells like a new book!

Picked up a used set of Spoon sussy from a fellow Jazz member.

He ran Spoon springs as well, but he couldn't find the rear set of springs, only had the front set.
    What am I gonna do with just the fronts, Spoon progressive springs have been discontinued.
    So I hunted down an alternate set of springs, eventually I finalised with Eibach, under $350 posted.

A ~4cm (1.6") drop is what I was after, low enough to look 'stanced' enough, along with associate performance gains.

Parts ordered from Japan. Made to order. Decided with J's racing Tow Hook instead of Carbing, to save that $60+.

Hardrace engine mounts: (Top left: Passenger lower side | Top right: Rear | Bottom left: Passenger/transmission mount | Bottom right: Driver's side mount)

At first, all I used was the trolley jack to support the engine, but I needed more degree in movement (for transmission and rear mount, much needed), so I had to use the engine crane as well.

The first mount to change was the driver's side!

Look at that! I knew the mount was leaking oil! (Note: I pulled back the mount a bit to show the crack.)
    Man, with the Jazz's compact engine bay, replacing this engine mount is tough, abs lines, AC lines and fuse box all in the way! I am not a fully grown man yet (22 as of now), with small/medium sized hands. Would be a tonne harder with large hands.

Next, was the transmission mount. On the other side of the engine bay, haz alot more room (underneath the battery).
    Left is of course the old mount. Showing signs of early engine mount wear around the edges of the mount, still in drivable condition though. I rate it 6/10 condition.

Next up, and by far the most easiest, was the side mount:

Also showing cracks, condition wise I'd rate it a 5/10.

And so, the rear engine mount, I should of attempted this first, because you need to loosen all the other mounts' bolts and nuts to replace this.

(Looking on the forward direction of the car, the cat is just behind on the left.)

As the cat was in the way as well as the power steering line, my normal ratchet didn't fit. Using the uni-joint was awkward, couldn't really apply much force. Ended up ordering a flexy spanner set and flexy ratchet.

Gave up on the rear engine mount for now, moved onto suspension upgrade!

So here is at stock suspension:

MCM shoe test. In my case, it is the safety boot test!

The outer springs are fronts, middles are for the rear.

Sussy upgrade time!

Front: Stock (left) - Eibach (right)

I didn't have the special torque wrench tool torque up the top nut on the strut (couldn't use normal torque wrench as you need the hex key to tighten the nut at the same time as well), so I just did it up as tight as I could. 34nm is the specified amount, which isn't that much.

Installed:

Rear: Stock (left) - Eibach (right)

Allow me to show this diagram of the rear shock:

The spoon rear shocks that I got was missing the washer and the small tube that sits directly above the shock cover. Strangely, I couldn't take off the small tube, it seems to be locked in, therefore the washer below can't be removed.
    Looked the part no. for them, there is no part no. for them, they seem to be part of the shock itself.

The Spoon sussy that I got came with x2 'damper mounting washer' (top), which sits below the top nut, and x1 washer that sits on top of the shock cover (bottom, black)

So with my dilemma, I temporarily used the 'damper mounting washer' instead as the bottom washer. The actual washer which sits at the bottom is I think made of harden steel. Without the small metal tube, there is not support for the 'bump stop rubber' to stay centre, therefore currently my rear shocks aren't dead centred. I will definitely get onto the harden washer and the small metal tube. I will ask around.

For the left side spring, taking it out was quiet easy, but for the right side, the was no play, so I had to use spring compressors and with my foot stepping down on the base, it just came out!

Installed:

Right after install;

I will get another pic soon, just letting the springs settle down to its final height.

Arrived:

Put in DC2R shift knob. Them feels are good!

Last edited by 3K9; 13-12-2016 at 08:17 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    '93 EG Si
    Bolt boys license plate set. Was meant to be for da EG, but I'll just get another set.

Before/after:

So, about 1 week after suspension install, I noticed that my swaybar front stabilsers were worn! WHAT?! There were fine pre-sussy upgrade.

Then I went and looked up the parts of the front stabilsers, there are two versions, I believe the slight difference in suspension setup of the earlier vs later model GD Jazz:

Top is the stabilser of my Jazz ('06) - Bottom is the stabilser (came with Spoon sussy) in which I believe are from 2004/5 models and before:

Notice the difference in direction of the ends, and how my stock stabilser from my Jazz is longer that the other.

Running with the older stabilsers for now. But just in case I have turn corners too insanely (=P) with shitty tyres (lol) for the stock stabilsers to handle, I have ordered Whiteline Heavy Duty Stabilsers:

Anddd the day after I ordered, MRT decided to drop the price by $30. -.-

Spoon header has been discontinued, so I got myself the T1R header! Some guy from Hawaii purchased it new, and only opened the box. Decided to sell it. I saved myself over US$100.

Designed for L15A engine for low to mid speed power and torque. Unique 4-1 velocity joint to optimise maximum exhaust efficiency. Dyno proven 4-6hp gains. Made with SUS304 aircraft stainless with TIG weld process, extreme high quality.
    (Source: AJ Racing - https://www.aj-racing.com/catalog/?p...-06-08-gd3-gd4)

Stock vs T1R:

Comparison of T1R vs stock header

Weight:
    Stock - 1.85 kg
    T1R - 2.25 kg

Inner pipe diameter: (not measuring from the edge lip)
    Stock - 1.9 cm
    T1R - 2.9 cm

Collector diameter:
    Stock: 2.8 cm
    T1R: 3.2 cm

While taking off the stock header, I decided to wrap the T1R header, since there are not bolt holes on the T1R header for the stock header heat shield. Order the wrap, proceeded to work on something else first:

Fugly rusty centre part of brakes!

Front:

Sanded down the rust using 3 grades of sandpaper and 3 grades of wire brushes, and destroyed 2 sand paper dremel bits (=/).
    Painted 2 light layers of BLAACCKKK, and 1 layer of clear.
    Rear:

Ah, much better, ay?

With the rear engine mount, I managed to loosen one of the two upper bolts with my newly acquired 14mm flexy spanner, but the other would not give in. As the flexy ratchet that I ordered has not arrived yet, I then removed the cat, so that I could fit breaker bar/normal ratchet in.

Man, doing the rear engine mount yourself is damn hard, getting the main bolt to align with the bracket took me ages! With a tonne of small adjustments, I just managed. Adjust engine crane, adjust load leveler, adjust trolley jack, get underneath car, NOT aligned, get up again... repeat.

Old (left) vs hardrace (right). Old mount actually isn't too bad. Only minor cracks. It's a 7/10 grade.

So my Titanium header wrap arrived.

Wrapped:

Only had 6 stainless steel cable ties. Used one on each of the start of header, and 2 combined at the bottom. The wrap 'curing process' should make it adhere to the header. I will add 1 or 2 more SS cable ties.

Installed:

Played with the wrap too much at where the pipes meet. The weave started to loosen into strands!

Bottom view:

Top view:
    Last edited by 3K9; 11-12-2016 at 11:52 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    '93 EG Si
    Jan 2017

Went to JDMYard to upgrade to Hardrace bushings. Only the fronts were installed, as there and then, they realised that the complete rear torizon beam/sussy/wheels needs to come off to be done, A 5 - 6 hr job, they don't have the sufficient press to perform the job. =/ Hardrace Australia, more like hilarious race Aus. Such an inconvenience, that they had to overcharge 45 min for the job as well. Go figure.
    As of now (Dec 2017), I still haven't gotten around installing the rear Hardrace bushings. I bought a massive bushing kit, hopefully I'll have enough play to swap bushings over without taking everything out.

May

Some chick at uni reversed into me at low speed. =S

As she didn't wanna go through insurance, went to my local repair shop that worked on my EG, quoted $1300 for the job, + $82 for the rear door that I picked up a Pick N Payless.

Since there's a edge running across the door, pulling it out wouldn't be a 100% fix.
    The whole left side of the Jazz needed to be resprayed to blend in the new blue with original blue, wheel arch had to be repaired, also bumper needed to be repaired as well.

So I thought to myself, now's a good time to get myself this:

INGs rear bumper!

So I placed an order through Gorillza Industries.

Previous owner of my Spoon Sussy finally found the other two set of Spoon Springs, so I swapped Eibach springs to Spoons. A tad lower, slightly stiffer too, upping the handling and response. Although there's only a subtle difference, there was enough for me to go 'WOW'.

Fronts - Eibach vs Spoon:

Rear:

Allowed a friend to use/borrow my Eibachs:

For safety reasons since the tyres on the Regas are old af, I switched back to stockies temporarily.

October:

Bumper finally arrived by ship from the land of the JDM.

Sent babe to the workshop:

Turn around time in a week!

I haz forgotten to mention to paint the fake diffuser lower section black. -.- Oh well, looks good!

Anyways *in an azn voice*, It's sooooooo SX-C.

The corners of the bumper is curvier than OEM. Lovin' dem 'speed holes', like how Homer described them!

HOWEVER, there's one problemo.

There's a bulge in the middle caused by the rear tow hook!

Underneath behind shot:

Emailed INGs, awaiting their reply on what to do. My workshop & I are think on cutting hole for around the tow hook. What do you guys reckon?

About two months ago, the clutch decided to finally give way at under 120 K Kms. Clutch is slipping like a mofo. I should of realised earlier. However, nothing beats actually experiencing something personally in RL.
    Last edited by 3K9; 04-12-2017 at 06:10 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    '93 EG Si
    So I have acquired these following parts:

- Mfactory 4.9 Fd
    - Mfactory Helical LSD
    - Jun 's relatively new Drivetrain package: Uprated clutch + lightweight flywheel.

Also have

- Spoon B pipe
    - CF modulo rep lip
    - CF Spoon Rep Wing
    - GruppeM Intake
    - Spoon venturi TB
    - Spoon rigid collars

+ more that I've hoarded.

Stay tuned.
    Last edited by 3K9; 04-12-2017 at 06:16 PM.