Member Array
    Car:
    FN2

What size of wheel spacer needed FN2

Bought a new set of rims from Japan and fitted today at local Tyres store and they said need to put the spacer in and so what size should i get and where(ebay)
    (OEM tyre and rim size - 225/40/18 18X7.5 ET55) and (New tyre and rim size - 235/40/18 18X8 ET45)

Thanks in addvance!!!!

Why do you need spacers if you had them fitted to your car already?
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Quote Originally Posted by DreadAngel View Post
    Why do you need spacers if you had them fitted to your car already?
    He didn't - the shop fitted them and they are obviously now touching the caliper at some point. These new rims protrude out slightly more so there must be spoke to caliper interference.....about 4ish mm lol
    Last edited by bennjamin; 06-12-2015 at 11:12 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    I have 20mm spacers on my stock rims, and they sit flush
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Edit Here is a calculation from

Will they fit

Compared to your existing wheel, this new wheel will have an inner rim which is 3.7mm further away from the suspension strut. The outer rim will poke out 16.4mm more than befor

Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    He didn't - the shop fitted them and they are obviously now touching the caliper at some point. These new rims protrude out slightly more so there must be spoke to caliper interference.....about 4ish mm lol
    Blah, talk about bad explaination =| That means not fitted...

Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    FN2
    Sorry for bad explanation but as you can see in the photo below there is little gap between the centre hub and the wheel. The guy at the Bridgestone tyre shop said it is ok to drive but as there are space between the wheel may move and put more pressure on the wheel nuts.

http://postimg.org/image/w2yvtkvcp/
    http://postimg.org/image/eq3pizohj/
    Last edited by hkgxtra; 06-12-2015 at 03:34 PM.

Oh dear

You need HUB CENTRIC SPACERS to suit your FD outer bore and inner bore of the new wheels