Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Turbo DC5R

Turbo DC5R

Hi is there anyone here who has or used to have a turbo DC5R

Its gonna be awhile before i get my opens but when i do and if i decide to keep my R then I'm thinking of putting a small turbo on it.

I only want at the most around 200-250kwatw nothing too crazy I don't want to change the internals or anything Just want alittle more power.
    I have looked around and would like to keep it N/A but the money cost to get N/A power just isn't worth it.

If you have a good knowledge of how the turbo setup will go with a DC5R or used to have one and did it yourself.

How much did it cost you and how did you do your setup ?

I'm hoping to get it all done and tuned for under 5-6k would that be possible ?

I already have a kpro ecu to manage the turbo setup so i would only need a turbo kit and the rest of small things to complete the setup however I'm not too experienced with turbo kits ect.
    any help would be appreciated cheers.

If you don't have any knowledge or clue about this topic then can you not post your random shit/spam on this thread. would appreciate it.

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Budget 10-15k for turbo and tune
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

200-250kw ATW is nothing too crazy ? Do you know anything about FWD's or are your quoting something you heard or read somewhere else ?
    Thats a good double what the standard car puts out at the wheels.....

Do you have some ED civic seats used for 100k with seat covers but mint condition for $600 ?

250kw without changing the internals won't last too long... Prolly blow the welds on your intake. Save many $$$ and much stress. Sell the Type R and buy something factory turbo.

ah damn was hoping it would be cheaper then that cheers for the insight guys

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Buy a rexie.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 CXI
    Quote Originally Posted by PJT View Post
    250kw without changing the internals won't last too long... Prolly blow the welds on your intake. Save many $$$ and much stress. Sell the Type R and buy something factory turbo.
    that's not true...
    we comfortably ran 12psi in a STOCK k20a2 and made 290kw and it was used it my bros s13 drift car, was thrashed everytime we took it out and regularly driven on the street...
    u need good quality parts and a awesome tuner

p.s. allow 10k MIN (my opinion)

I stand corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by IEVAQ8 View Post
    that's not true...
    we comfortably ran 12psi in a STOCK k20a2 and made 290kw and it was used it my bros s13 drift car, was thrashed everytime we took it out and regularly driven on the street...
    u need good quality parts and a awesome tuner

p.s. allow 10k MIN (my opinion)
    Are you the only one with these type of figures?
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadAngel View Post
    Are you the only one with these type of figures?
    Byp too
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Quote Originally Posted by RenzokukenJ View Post
    Byp too
    Oh shit, its teh truf den =O
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Cmon guys we know dyno numbers change depending on which dyno we are on + other factors.

If there is no problem with tune, and you like how your graph curves, its just a number.