Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1996 Accord VTi

96 Accord - ABS code 1-8 - High Pressure System - ADELAIDE

Hey guys!

long time Honda driver, first time forum poster!

I have a 1996 Accord VTi 20th Anniversary Edition in Sherwood Green and I absolutely love her to bits.

However, I have an issue with my ABS.

Firstly, it was a dead relay (code 1-2). Replaced that, and was fine for about 2 days. Now, my first trip of the day is great, no lights, I hear the ABS pump work and my pedal pressurize, but after that, ABS light on! I keep pulling the code 1-8 (High Pressure System).

Is this a relatively easy fix - are we talking bolt on/bolt off or will the entire assembly with the pump, etc, need to be replaced?

I'm pretty useless at mechanics, but I have a decent understanding of what the parts do etc! My understanding is, that, the computer has isolated the fault to a select area, in my case, the Accumulator (?) I'm not pulling the code for leaks, or any other issues, so is it safe to say that this is my issue? Anyone in Adelaide who could do the repair or point me in the right direction? I've done bit of a call around, and everyone just says don't worry about it... but.. I want my ABS (and the idiot light is getting on my nerves too!!) I've done a bit of googling but I have a weird feeling the US and AU versions are slightly different..?

I'm one to believe that if you look after something it'll look after you, and Honda's are pretty hard wearing.

Thank you so much!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1996 Accord VTi
    Anyone?

Member Array
    Car:
    1996 accord
    I have the same issue and taken it to my auto electrician....it's a big job to fix but basic too.... The solder on the circuit board dries out and loses contact with the relays etc and needs to be redone.....I just put up with the light for now

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1996 Accord VTi
    The lights been off for a few days now - still comes and goes. I guess everything needs to come out to gain access to the board?

Member Array
    Car:
    1996 accord
    Mine does this also....I have the same model as you....the board is on the driver side shock tower top in the engine bay....

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1996 Accord VTi
    So it may not be my accumulator? I find that if I turn the car off and back on within, say 20 mins, the light is on with the code, but if I've left it for a while I'm fine!

Member Array
    Car:
    1996 accord
    Yep same deal here

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1996 Accord VTi
    Oooh so it could be just a matter of resoldering the circuit board...? Thanks @Arcstar!