Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Thread: B18C7 into GSi

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro Luxury
    Cheers RC. It's a July 96 build. As you said, the other wires run into cab loom. Just need a few hours of spare time which is always the issue.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro Luxury
    I'm curious if some of the links I find are applicable to my vehicle. This link has one of the only pics which has a similar ECU to mine with reference to layout.

Interestingly 8(Vtec solenoid) 15(Vtec pressure switch) and 6(knock sensor) are not wired on my chassis harness. The are all blank at the plug.

http://www.hamotorsports.com/obd2a-wiring-diagram.html

Does anyone here agree with the plug layout?

B18C7 is OBD2a so just search for OBD2a ECU pinout (the one in the link is correct)

There aren't any wires in you chassis harness because it's a GSI chassis, just extend the wires from your engine harness to the ECU. Pretty straight forward, but you will need ECU connector pins for a clean job.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro Luxury
    Ok thanks. The company in the link above sells pins. Are there OZ based sellers? I've tried eBay with no luck. $1.30 pins with excessive postage from the States on the bay.

Just go to the wreckers and cut one off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro Luxury
    My power steering hose leaked over my new belts. Bit of a setback I didn't need. It leaked at the joiner which holds the restrictor. Getting it repaired and back into the two clips and rubber holder/saddle clamp was a right pain. All down and now back into this ECU and wiring. Can't see an end to this lol

B18C7 into GSi

Hahahh. Sorry but reminded me of my build. My bro forgot to reattach the vtec solenoid before starting the engine. Gave the entire engine bay and the garage wall a nice lube job :P
    Edit:
    +1 for extending for ecu. Or buy another loom
    Last edited by PJT; 14-11-2016 at 06:25 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    november 2016

c7 swap

what a time to be alive

nice thread tho man was entertaining haha
    part time potato

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro Luxury

B18C7 into GSi

Lol yeah I'm a couple of decades behind.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro Luxury
    Well it's finally finished! I think lol. I wired the VTEC solenoid up and tentatively took it for a run and it certainly works! It's been a while lol. Anyway thanks to everyone who offered assistance, it certainly kept the project rolling. With kids at school and full time work etc it's certainly steady as she goes, nothing happens quickly as spare time is a luxury.

Anyway cheers I'll try and get some pics up after I wash 7 months worth of dust off the bodywork.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro Luxury
    Ok I've managed to put around 200ks on it now and it's all running sweet, no funny noises, no smoking, air cond, steer etc all great except it throw the engine light up every time it hits 2500rpm. Stopping the engine turns it off and restarting it the light is out. Hit 2500 rpm and it comes back on.

Any ideas? Any preferred mechanics on Brisbanes Northside?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by aldo10 View Post
    Ok I've managed to put around 200ks on it now and it's all running sweet, no funny noises, no smoking, air cond, steer etc all great except it throw the engine light up every time it hits 2500rpm. Stopping the engine turns it off and restarting it the light is out. Hit 2500 rpm and it comes back on.

Any ideas? Any preferred mechanics on Brisbanes Northside?
    Pull the code from the ECU and you'll know which sensor is throwing the code. The old paperclip trick usually works if you don't have a scanner or an aftermarket ECU. If you have an S300 just plug your laptop in.
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015