Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 411121314

Thread: B18C7 into GSi

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro Luxury
    Well I’ve done a few drives in it now and it has improved quite a bit. Still not perfect but very good.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro Luxury
    Well a new IAVC unit from Honda at a scary price has sorted it out totally. The old unit was dicey when the air cond was running.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro Luxury
    Hi fellas, it seems the problem has returned. Certainly scratching my head now. I even went to the trouble of replacing the oxygen sensor in the exhaust.

Can anyone suggest where else to look?

It’s in the warm up phase of a cold start. Once the engine is warm it’s fine. When the engine is dead cold it’s fine too. It’s just as it gets up to operating temperature.

Member Array
    Car:
    92 CRX delsol
    sounds like an idle stepper issue or maybe there is a vacuum leak somewhere and once everything heats and expands it seals to the point it doesnt affect the idle? try making a vacuum tester and connect to the throttle pressurize it and listen for air leaks in the intake gasket etc, use soapy water to look for bubbles. Make sure you do it with a cold engine to replicate when the car idles poorly.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by DSoulCRX View Post
    sounds like an idle stepper issue or maybe there is a vacuum leak somewhere and once everything heats and expands it seals to the point it doesnt affect the idle? try making a vacuum tester and connect to the throttle pressurize it and listen for air leaks in the intake gasket etc, use soapy water to look for bubbles. Make sure you do it with a cold engine to replicate when the car idles poorly.
    I can check for vacuum leaks. I replaced the IACV with a genuine new Honda unit. Seemed to resolve it but no. Idling with a load on the motor, air cond, head lights and wipers etc causes the engine to stall.

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    have you tried turning it off and on again
    part time potato

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro Luxury
    I can’t say I’ve tried but once you restart after a stall, it just jumps straight back up to a healthy idle.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro Luxury
    Hey fellas just a question on Ryco oil filters. One catalogue shows me a Z79A and another shows me Z411?

For a B18C7?