Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: B18C7 into GSi

B18C7 into GSi

2 things to look for. It should have a painted stamp saying LSD and maybe N3E. Most importantly, with the drive shafts out, you should be able to see through one side of the diff and out the other. Here's mine:

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro Luxury
    Hmm ok, mines been pulled down and had new bearings etc through so it's quite clean, like pressure cleaned. I'll see what I can see once I pull the shafts out.

Yeah. It's common for the label to be washed off. On the non LSD models there's a bar in the middle of the diff so it's not clear to look through.

Also, you can def pull the combo from the top. Just take the rad out. If you want a shop book with step by step guide, pm me your email and I'll send you pdf. I did very similar swap and I have zero mechanical experience.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro Luxury
    So ... separating the bottom balljoint is the easiest option to remove the driveshafts? That way they stay in the front suspension etc?

Woah. Hold up. First learn from my mistakes.

Get some rope/wire something that you can wrap the drive shaft joints together so they don't come apart.

Then yes, separate bottom ball joint and unbolt suspension from control arm. Then you can take the drive shafts out. They need to be out to make room for getting engine in/out.

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    Quote Originally Posted by PJT View Post
    Woah. Hold up. First learn from my mistakes.

Get some rope/wire something that you can wrap the drive shaft joints together so they don't come apart.

Then yes, separate bottom ball joint and unbolt suspension from control arm. Then you can take the drive shafts out. They need to be out to make room for getting engine in/out.
    Are you trying to get Aldo to separate legs too?
    SSpamily

Don't feed the troll Aldo.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro Luxury
    Fellas it's coming along slowly. Most seems to be straight forward except for the vacuum lines coming off the manifold.

The C7 has one large port apart from the brake booster line. The B2 has the brake booster line plus two small ports. One off the top of the throttle body and one at the far end of the manifold.

Any suggestions? I'm thinking that taking the Type R "vacuum canister"?? would have been a good idea.

Yeah you need that canister as far as I know...

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro Luxury
    Ok cheers I'll see what I can source over the next week or two.

The large port the c7 is for evap purge control solenoid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk