Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: B18C7 into GSi

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro Luxury

B18C7 into GSi

Hmm the more I read this workshop manual the more emission control stuff I see I don't have.

I have a red/yellow and a yellow/black plug off the inlet manifold on the C7 motor that doesn't exist on the B1.

I think I should have thought this out a bit better earlier in the piece lol.

What loom is that plug on?
    On the c7 loom?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro Luxury
    Yep that plug is on the C7 motor. Judging from the manual it is very close to the IAC valve on the back of the manifold closest to the firewall.

I would say it's for the Purge control solenoid valve which is mounted on the firewall behind the manifold

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro Luxury
    I've had a good look and cannot see anything on my GSI firewall. The B1 motor I'm meant to be removing doesn't have this plug.

I'm wondering if these are the issues a few mechanics I approached refused to do the swap for me saying it would be an electrical pain in the rump.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro Luxury
    Everything else seems to marry up pretty well except for this emission gear.

B18C7 into GSi

I meant on a DC2R that's what the plug would be for.

I wonder if the Evap system was updated during the facelift on all dc2/dc4 or it was just a different thing on the Type-R

Either way it's not hard to add it in, or bypass it or re-use the stock b18b Evap system and plumb it in

Wiring a c7 in a gsi is really not that difficult

Edit: just had a look and the Evap system with pcs valve only came on the Type-R
    Last edited by dorikin; 04-06-2016 at 09:22 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro Luxury
    Fellas if I can ask a question regarding gearboxes.

The B18B2 coming out has a gearbox with S80 on the barcode looking sticker. Are there different versions of this box called S80?

I once found a great piece of info discussing the different boxes they use in the Integra GSI, VTIR ad a Type R but now I can't find it.

Quote Originally Posted by aldo10 View Post
    Fellas if I can ask a question regarding gearboxes.

The B18B2 coming out has a gearbox with S80 on the barcode looking sticker. Are there different versions of this box called S80?

I once found a great piece of info discussing the different boxes they use in the Integra GSI, VTIR ad a Type R but now I can't find it.
    Yes there are different versions and you can't just go by the s80 number alone to work out what ratios it has.

You have to combine the transmission ID (ie S80) with the year and model version vehicle it came from to know what you have.

Your Gsi s80 will be the long ratio version, get an s80/y80 from a vtir at least it a type r transmission if you can afford it.

Try this, it's U.S based but covers most of ours.

http://www.ff-squad.com/tech/temp/Bgears.htm

Didn't you get a gearbox with the Type R motor?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro Luxury
    Hi there, yep the motor came with the gearbox attached. Just separated the C7 from its box tonight and it's straight through where the shafts come out. Just trying to get the B2 motor and box out as we speak.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro Luxury
    I asked the question about the S80 as its stamped on my B2 box. Just curious as to what it exactly was.