Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: B18C7 into GSi

Good job! Can I just suggest that you figure the emissions stuff and vacuum lines before dropping new engine in there. So little space once it's in!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah. It's just a regular non-LSD long ratio box. Ie worthless to you now

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro Luxury
    Oh I'm finding out about little room real quick!! The only emissions I'll be dealing with will be the fumes once I torch the whole show!! After this extravaganza I'll stick to dealing with motorcycle engines. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by aldo10 View Post
    Hi there, yep the motor came with the gearbox attached. Just separated the C7 from its box tonight and it's straight through where the shafts come out. Just trying to get the B2 motor and box out as we speak.
    Sounds like you're set then.

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    Quote Originally Posted by aldo10 View Post
    Hi there, yep the motor came with the gearbox attached. Just separated the C7 from its box tonight and it's straight through where the shafts come out. Just trying to get the B2 motor and box out as we speak.
    just hope it doesn't like chocolate.

SSpamily

Nah dude. You'll be stoked once you finish. It's only ever a pain the arse when you've never done it before. I've had mine apart so many times it's normally no hassle now. But yesterday we replaced rear trailing arm bushings. First time doing it. Ballsed it first go

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro Luxury
    Well it's out and just sorting the C7 before I put it in. I need to torque down a new cam retainer bolt as the old one, which had a top thread to hold the spark cover had a dodgey thread. Adjust the valve clearances and throw in a new thermostat.

Yep it's a pain first time around till you sort the steps out.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro Luxury
    Fellas just a question regarding the two front under chassis L&R mounts for the Integra. Remembering I have a GSI, mine are due for replacement, the Type R ones list through Honda as different part numbers.

Which do I go for? GSI units? Are the Type R units sturdier? There is very little price difference and I'm curious if the Type R ones will use the GSI bolt holes.

I don't know for fact of the sturdiness. But the shape and position is identical. Just depends what compound you wanna run. I've got solid ones, which vibrates the crap out of everything

Hard race also make a replacement item.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro Luxury
    Cheers PJT. Appreciated.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro Luxury
    Fellas, how important is it to brace the rear of the extractors to the back of the engine block similar to the metal bracket that holds the original manifold and engine pipe?