Am I missing an engine mount?

Hi ppl,

First post here - being close to my midlife crisis, I decided to pick up an EG civic project on a whim ... no stranger to tinkering around with cars (AE86, NA6 MX5, EP82 etc). With the amount of money I owe to the bank plus info on the net, I try to do most work on my cars to save money.

Long story short, the EG civic breeze had a B16a2 conversion done. I admit whoever did the conversion was a real cable tie tech - I've never seen cable ties used to plug the cam cover hole or splice the tach wire signal:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	splice0001 (1 of 1).jpg 
Views:	243 
Size:	238.8 KB 
ID:	29100Click image for larger version. 

Name:	splice0002 (1 of 1).jpg 
Views:	226 
Size:	228.3 KB 
ID:	29101

In any case, I replaced the O2 sensor earlier tonight and whilst under the car, noticed this metal rod protruding out near the crank shaft. I'm pretty sure I've heard somewhere that on certain models like DC2 Integras they had an engine mount here - refer the circled orange bit:

Name:	Missing.jpg 
Views:	262 
Size:	146.8 KB 
ID:	29099

Welcome anyone's thoughts - the previous owner drove without it so I'm thinking it's no biggie but if I do need one, then I'll have to scour Ebay then for the part.

Long way to go yet - with any project car you basically inherit the handiwork of the previous owner.

I am sure I will be asking a lot more queries here as I work my way through each issue getting the car closer to being registered again.

Cheers.

you are missing your front lower torque mount. It is rubber encapsulated in a C shaped metal enclosure and is held via that large bolt and a large nut. You can get a new one , or change your side and rear engine mounts to heavy duty hasport/innovative or similar and not worry.

Did is this car get built by BYP ?

Member Array
    Car:
    '93 EG Si

Name:	B__4700.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	75.9 KB 
ID:	29102
    (http://www.lingshondaparts.com/honda...9&block_05=hcr)

From this diagram, you are missing part number:

18, the lower torque mount.

30, x2 bolts.

44, washer.

42, nut.

You can also get these parts off a wrecking EK Civic, CRX Del Sol, DC2/4 Integra and I've did a quick Google and first gen CRV too.

Is the other side's torque mount there?
    Last edited by 3K9; 07-01-2016 at 03:50 AM.
    Currently officially unofficially Ozhonda's vinyl sticker distributor:
    1 Small 150 x 29mm: $6 posted
    1 Large 250 x 43mm: $8 posted

IG: thenameis3k9

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Where are you located? I had a guy drop off a Red EG with b16 with a yellow valve cover saying it just needed "minor wiring" when I noted the dash was missing and all looms where cut the owner didn't liked the resulting quote...

Thanks for the prompt replies everyone - looks like I may have some more part sourcing to do.

To answer the questions above, I'm actually located in Brisbane. The car's not much to look at the moment but I've attached some pictures of the existing mounts at the sides and back - they don't seem anything special.

Name:	mount00 (1 of 1).jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	255.9 KB 
ID:	29103Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mount01 (1 of 1).jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	213.1 KB 
ID:	29104Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mount02 (1 of 1).jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	237.7 KB 
ID:	29105Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mount03 (1 of 1).jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	268.4 KB 
ID:	29106

As to the history of the car and who did the conversion, I can only go by what the previous owner mentioned. The car started as a Civic Breeze but was converted by someone up North Queensland perhaps in Warwick. The previous owner who acquired the car didn't know much about it and just drove it around. I was amazed to see that there was no O2 sensor connected and the one in the exhaust was a 1 pin (not 4 pin) model. Also, the thermostat was playing up etc. However, being no stranger to cars, I figured I could get it running sweetly again so took a chance. For the price I paid, it was probably the price of the motor and conversion so no biggie if it turned out to be a lemon.

At least a proper EFI fuel tank and lines seemed to have been used however the harness and wiring runs between the radiator hoses (not long enough) so that is perhaps something I will tend to down the line.

Hey mate I'm on the gold Coast and have some spare ek1 and ek4 engine mounts. I might have a brand new mount that you're missing as well. Welcome to swing by for a look see if you like. I think I also have a ek4 o2 sensor (b16a2). Let me know.