Member Array
    Car:
    06 TC'd RB1

Registering a car from WA to VIC

Hi guys,

Hoping someone can help me with a question.

I've recently moved from WA to VIC and I shipped my car over thinking that I would easily be able to convert my WA rego to a VIC Rego without a RWC because the details aren't changing.

I called up VicRoads to get a appointment to swap over my Driver's Licence and Car Rego. During the phone call they checked my VIN and Engine numbers and I was asked to bring my car in so that they could sight me compliance plates (which will cost me $45), VicRoads said that because on my WA rego it did not state when my car was complied.

My question is if I bring it down to VicRoads for the compliance plate check, will they flag any of my mods and tell me that the car needs to go for RWC, certification of mods or whatever?
    Old man that drives slow cars

*put phone on private*

*call them back*

"Hello, I'm transferring my vehicle from Queensland to Victoria, I've been requested to come in with my vehicle as you wish to sight my compliance plate, my question is, my tyres are need replacing as their road worthiness is questionable, and would that potentially be included with the sighting of my compliance plate?"

Or just call up WADOT and see if you can get a copy of your last renewal notice and email that to them.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 TC'd RB1
    I like the way you think...

I believe I got my answer after a few calls. Although I do not need a RWC for the transfer because the ownership details are not changing, they do still look over the car briefly and may still pick on obvious mods depending on the inspector.

I can leave it to luck and just send the car in as it is, which may result in a yellow and time off the road. So I am going to have the car looked over by a workshop and get the obvious stuff put back to normal before I go for the appointment. Sucks, but I think this is better than getting a yellow and then the inspectors have a good excuse to go over the car with a fine tooth comb and find even more shit to slap me with.

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    can u drive the car in Vic with WA plate? u see other state plate in WA quiet often.
    connorling, your profile and evidenced by your post tells me alot about what type of feral you are..... all class 'hay'!!!! ps. not your m8....

You need to transfer your drivers licence if you've resided in Victoria for longer than 3 months, I'd imagine the cars registration would be similar

Member Array
    Car:
    06 TC'd RB1
    Update... in the end, just went for the inspection with the car as is. Car got registered with VIC plates after confirming VIN and engine numbers match paper work... only comment was that the car looked a bit low, I just smiled and nodded...

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by evolution View Post
    Update... in the end, just went for the inspection with the car as is. Car got registered with VIC plates after confirming VIN and engine numbers match paper work... only comment was that the car looked a bit low, I just smiled and nodded...
    Not a bad outcome at all
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC