Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Haha in the specs section it clearly says the engine is a B18B1. I'll go check out the car, thanks for the help guys! I have a feeling I'll be spending a lot more time on here!!

Yes. It's a typo. A mistake when entering details. Now go check it out and tell us about this one of a kind car for $5k

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    5k isn't too bad at all.

but then again it has nothing really exciting in it.

5k can get dc2 vtir with b18c2 in it. more exciting, but older car.
    connorling, your profile and evidenced by your post tells me alot about what type of feral you are..... all class 'hay'!!!! ps. not your m8....

It's not too bad as a first car I guess but I'm aiming to do some mods to it in order to make it quicker. I've read the thread about basic mods but do you guys recommend anything that's worked well for you?

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    k swapped dc2 works well for me

but seriously don't buy a base model dc5 if you want to go fast. as above if u can handle owning an older car and can fix things yourself (more likely to have problems being an older car) then dc2 vtir may be the car for you
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    B swapped dc5 would be a ****ing weapon
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    Quote Originally Posted by archmaximus View Post
    It's not too bad as a first car I guess but I'm aiming to do some mods to it in order to make it quicker. I've read the thread about basic mods but do you guys recommend anything that's worked well for you?
    vtir dc2 would be quicker to begin with than base model dc5.

and there is more aftermarket mods for the b18c than the base model dc5.

5k might even get you a euro CL9.
    which is better than dc5 base
    connorling, your profile and evidenced by your post tells me alot about what type of feral you are..... all class 'hay'!!!! ps. not your m8....

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    If your looking for something thats gonna be a quick A to B car and you have 5k to play with.

Mate buy yourself a EG5 Stock.

DC5's.... I used own a DC5R, currently driving DC5S as daily, have worked on and diagnosed my mates lux model many times.

My Opinion the R was the best, sure it was slightly slower than the S, but the recaros + LSD make the world of difference.

As for the base, its okay if just A to B driving in a civil manner. Taking off normal pace, giving way to kunts etc etc its good, but hardly the hoons choice and wont react to basic modifications as well as the other motors.

I also gota say the leather seats even the Type S are shit, u slide around and on hot days the seat is waaaay to hot to seat on, needs seat covers.

Letme put it this way, if you wanted to overtake a curry in a camry, his gonna win, your gonna merge behind him in a modified lux dc5. (i've been there)

Oh les not forget about that terribad turning circle of DC5's fck me, in some streets in the city makes a 3 point turn in 5-8 attempts lols.

Also bumpsteer/torque steer 1/2 the fun of owning this model
    Last edited by amant02; 16-01-2016 at 12:02 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    I think in my last post I kinda made DC5 look bad, the truth is miss my R. Specially the last few weeks driving my Brothers S around.

Its on the spot as daily.

Its light, atleast I think so, compared to my current car.
    Its easier to drive, being a FWD.
    Clutchs are lighter so stop and go traffic is okay.
    Does good on fuel, worse I get is like 10L per 100KM and thats not driving civil that much.
    Its okay of the line as well so it does well in traffic again
    The 6sp manual for K Series is one of the best feeling manuals I have driven.
    Looks nice
    A/C works well
    Enough space in the back for friends, unlike other coupes.
    Rear seats fold flat
    Monster boot space
    Look location for speakers for that doof doof effect.

IMO 4th best cross over is in the Type S, Type R would take 6th best (1. NSX 3 stage, 2. EK Type R, 3. S2k, 4. DC5S, 5. B18C, 6. DC5R)

Only thing it lacks is that low to mid range power, this where a turbo will fix your problems.

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    What about b16
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut