Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thoughts on 01 DC5 Integra GSi as first car?

I've always been a car fan, but not a die-hard revhead. I know a lot about the design of cars but the actual engine and inner workings I have no clue about. I've saved up roughly 5k to buy a car and I came across an 01 DC5 GSi Integra that fits under my budget. It clocks in at under 180k kms and the car looks like it's in pretty good condition.

My main objective with the car is to probably drive from point A to B and probably apply a few mods here and there. I don't know much about the mod scene or the import scene so I'll be a frequent lurker on ozhonda for the next few months haha. My question is, is the car worth buying? My main qualm is that it has a B18, 1.8L engine rather than the stock K20, 2.0L engine that most DC5s have and I'm not sure if it's worth modding in the first place.

What do you guys think? Any help would be appreciated and I thank you in advance!

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    sounds like a bargain

go for it

pretty rare to get them with a b18
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    prelude 1991
    Not sure that is dc5.

Dc5 has 3 main variance 1. Base k20A3, 2. type R k20a and 3. type S k20az

Dc5 is fun to drive... Save bait more $ to get a decent dc5 which you should be set.

That's the thing, I'm certain it's a DC5... The cosmetic difference between a dc2/dc4 and a dc5 is pretty big. I'm just not sure why it doesnt have the same base engine as the others..

mate

you don't know your integras....I suggest you research more on Ozhonda and the internets. I would avoid this car as either the seller is lying to you or something doesn't make sense.

You are are looking at a base dc5 or you are looking at a dc4 Gsi.
    Its dam obvious which is which - which one is it ?
    Last edited by bennjamin; 14-01-2016 at 07:40 AM.

It's not a DC4.... I think the difference between a DC4 and DC5 is pretty big and I'm certain it's not a DC4. The listing says it has a 1.8L engine and that makes me thing that it probably has an engine switch bc all base DC5 come with the base K20, 2.0L engine.

Here's the listing on carsales.
    http://carsales.mobi/cars/details/20...AG-AD-12235283

Apologises for mobile link, but nonetheless what do you think?

it's a typo by the dealer. It's clearly a dc5 be it base - have you seen the car ?

Nope, but even in the specs, it's listed as a B18B1 engine so.... I'll check it out, it's a dealer selling it anyway

yes - the specs are filled out either automatically or manually by the seller. They could of advertised it with a motorbike engine or wind turbine all the same. It's a mistake by the dealer.

Member Array
    Car:
    prelude 1991
    Ah LOL.... The ad didn't say it is B18, but I take that you think 1.8 => B18... As Ben said, must be a typo.

If I was you, I save a bit more to get a luxury version which has leather seats and few others

But if that is what you can... go with your feeling.

Member Array
    Car:
    prelude 1991
    Ouch... Ben beat me to it