Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2011 Jazz VTI

Question VTI-S or Optioned VTI ?

I just purchased a honda Jazz from a dealership in Sydney. I must admit it was all rather rushed and I purchased it after seeing it advertised on Carsales.
    The car was advertised as a 2011 (MY11) low kilometre VTI-S. On getting it home and reading through the service logs and original vehicle and customer details I noticed that it was listed everywhere as a VTI, and not as a VTI-S.
    So doing a bit of research on the web and a few things don't seem to add up. The wheels are 15" allows and not 16". The steering wheel is not leather.
    I'm just a little concerned that it is actually a optioned up VTI and not the VTI-S.
    How do I tell definitively? I assume there is a model plate somewhere on the car.
    I'm happy with the car but it if is a VTI then the dealership owes me some money.

Tim

Demand a refund or perhaps let it go.
    Its false advertising so in the short term you have a right for a refund - bring it up NOW with them and see what they say

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    Demand a refund or perhaps let it go.
    Its false advertising so in the short term you have a right for a refund - bring it up NOW with them and see what they say
    just go back there and speak to them?
    since its a dealership, u tell them they were wrongly advertised, and take a snap shot of the advertisement for reference.

you could ring Honda with your VIN and see what model your jazz is.
    connorling, your profile and evidenced by your post tells me alot about what type of feral you are..... all class 'hay'!!!! ps. not your m8....

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2011 Jazz VTI
    So this was resolved. I went to another dealer and asked them to check the VIN. They confirmed it was a VTI build.
    I went back to the original dealer with the information and they were very apologetic. They said the car had actually come in from another one of their franchises and they hadn't bothered doing any checks, as externally it is optioned up to look like an S. I had done a bit of research on the difference in the resale value between a VTI and the VTI-S and it equated to about $700 for my year model. I negotiated with them and ended up accepting an $800 refund. They were actually very good about it.
    In the end I have a optioned up VTI for much the same price as a standard VTi so can't complain.
    Just goes to show you have to check things though.
    Thanks for your replies by the way. This looks like a good forum site.

Tim

Great to see a positive result , enjoy your ride and enjoy your stay

Well done and good to hear they honoured their obligation.

Enjoy your stay and don't pay too much attention to the trolls. You'll know who they are.

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    Quote Originally Posted by Hondarally View Post
    Well done and good to hear they honoured their obligation.

Enjoy your stay and don't pay too much attention to the trolls. You'll know who they are.
    especially Ben
    connorling, your profile and evidenced by your post tells me alot about what type of feral you are..... all class 'hay'!!!! ps. not your m8....

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Wow, I was expecting a punch on in between you and the dealer.

Meh the VTi is faster anyway. Weighs in few KG less.