Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Eg

Evans waterless coolant

Hi just wondering has anybody used and had success with Evans ,
    I have a turbo b18c2 and was thinking of making the switch my car has never overheated driving around town, but on a long trip on the highway it starts to creep up I pull over leave the car running and it cools down in a few minutes,
    I'm keen to hear of anybody using Evans and if it is a better choice then normal coolant ,
    Cheers
    Like my POST? why not add it with a +REP point!

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    I think this is propylene glycol based coolant (vs ethylene glycol) which is a good alternative because of the its toxicity.
    Using it pure will yield a thicker fluid which may cause problem to the pump as it will be difficult pumping thick liquid through the radiator small channels.

With the conventional coolant, in term of cooling (not corrosion protection) it is always better to use high water ratio ( ie 30% coolant and 70% water) compared to a 50/50 mix. This is because water has significantly higher specific heat compared to ethylene glycol. Water per gram can hold more heat compared to ethylene glycol. It's hard to beat water in term of specific heat. Using lower ethylene glycol means that we need to change the coolant more often as the anti corrosion components will get used in a shorter period of time.

In term of over heating issue, has the coolant system been flushed? Is the current radiator the original radiator?

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    Changing coolant is not going to help your overheating issues, you have issues elsewhere
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Try putting iceblocks in your radiator
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    Quote Originally Posted by RenzokukenJ View Post
    Try putting iceblocks in your radiator
    what about dry ice? surly will drop ect's by 20%
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Quote Originally Posted by u mad? View Post
    what about dry ice? surly will drop ect's by 20%
    Don't be silly you troll kunt
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Eg
    I don't let it get to the point of overheating when I see the needle go to half way I pull to the side of
    The highway sit there for a few minutes and it's fine again only ever happens on the highway I have 4 hours of city driving no problems at all, might have something to do with the short gears in 5th im revving around 4700rpm

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Eg
    Here's the setup I have a big radiator

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Nice setup.
    Do you have a fan behind the radiator?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Do you have oil and water temp gauges? If so what are the actual temp numbers when this happens?

It may be worth checking the radiator for bubbles or gas while the engines running just to rule out the possibility of a head gasket leak. I've had one in my EG before and it caused this issue almost exactly. Combustion gasses entering the cooling system and causing it to overheat on the highway.

If that all checks out, you might consider replacing your thermostat.
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Eg
    Yeah it has fan,
    I will double check everything , it has had a Comp test and the vapour test and there was no exhaust gases in the radiator

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Given your overheating only happens when travelling at high speed, it sounds liek an airlfow problem.. it also looks as if your the position of your intercooler may be blocking your radiator.

user connorling had this problem.

I like the evans coolant idea however unless it has a better specific heat capacity than water (which is very high) you're not going to be solving any issues.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC