Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EM1

Squeaking coilovers

I've got a set of Buddyclub N+ Coilovers on my car and recently it's been squeaking recently when I go over some speed bumps. It also squeaks when I turn the wheel sometimes. I've degreased and gave it a quick wash (while on the car) as they are pretty old and there was a lot of buildup on it, the squeaking stopped for a bit and came back. Not too sure where it's coming from. Car feels completely fine when driven it's just the squeaking. Help me!!

More stuck up inside the spring perch - be it upper or lower
    Might also be a worn lower bush.

Try specifically spraying wd40/lithium grease in just the lower bush area - see if that stops the squeak. Try on the lower perch and ditto. You should be able to find the area quickly.

Finally take out the coilover/s , disassemble and clean. Make sure to test the shock piston on each coilover for consistent travel and no leaks !

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EM1
    Thanks, will definitely try that.
    How to go by testing shock pistons and checking for leaks?
    An old set, looking to put it into my project car but dont want to spend the extra $$ as I know theyre quite expensive

A basic test is to have the bare shock - piston fully exposed and extended - push the piston almost all the way down and let it go. Watch for a consistent return , also watch for any bubbles / leaks coming from around the seal base.
    If the piston shaft erratically returns or doesn't you have an issue