View Poll Results: Would you continue to service it by the dealer?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

0 0%
  • No

3 75.00%
  • Every other service date

1 25.00%

2012 CR-V generation 3 self service or dealer service?

Hi,

Just obtained a 2012 CR-V with approx. 55 000 kms on the clock. From reading the service booklet, it hasn't missed a service and had been always serviced by the dealer.

A bill I found showed it has had the Honda FEO oil used (doesn't indicate whether it was Premium or Ultra).

If you were to self service, would you continue to use Honda FEO oil, or perhaps use Castrol EDGE 5W-30 A3/B4?

As the 3 year warranty would now be over, if it were you, would you continue to service it by the dealer?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    HR-V VTI-S
    If you have the where with all to perform the service and bearing in mind the service book lists the requirements then go for it. I used to self service my Accord Euro after the warranty was ended and will do so with my HR-V in 3 years. Regarding the oil used my thoughts are as long as you use the recommended viscosity rating and chose a established brand then you would have no problems.
    Bob
    Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill

Member Array
    Car:
    CRV & Civic
    A good oil to use is a synth 0W40. The OEM oil is 0W20 semi synth.
    *** It's Only a Car ***