Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord VTI-S

Honda Accord Euro type of fuel - advice

Hi guys,

I purchased my Honda Accord Euro 2006 luxury model a few weeks back and loving it.

I was filling up the other day and hadnt noticed it before but when I unlocked the petrol cap it had the following detailed on the inside:

"recommeneded Premium 95" RON but also "Ethonol E10 fuel suitable"

Can you anyone offer any advice if infact that's correct (ie. that I can use E10 fuel).

As I did read on a carsales review before I bought the car that one of the negatives was the fact that the car used Premium Unleaded fuel. Not that was an issue for me but just curious to know if its a case you can use either fuel without damaging the motor

Cheers,

The Dec

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Bp ultimate.

To me anyway, the few extra dollars are worth buying premium and BP is my preference, I'd say just accept that a quality fuel is one of the costs of car ownership.
    Last edited by Daveho1; 06-02-2016 at 06:33 AM.
    Mate my bbk cost more than your Honda.
    -Amant02

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Aaronng mentioned that E10 can be used provided it has the right octane level.
    E10 RON95 can be used, E10 RON91 is not recommended. He prefers RON98 as it is smoother and cost very similar to E10 RON95 taking fuel efficiency into consideration.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro Lux
    E10 can be technically labelled 94 (our local Liberty does this)
    and
    95+ E10 is sold as 100 which is funny

but stick to 95 minimum, E10 is more for emergencies if you find yourself at a place with no 95 or 98- anything below 95 drives like crap in mine though
    Last edited by AndrewRox22; 06-02-2016 at 12:37 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    I use E10 95 from United regularly.

It's fine, and much cheaper than 98 (by approx ~ 20 cents)
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    If cars not tuned for 98 then don't bother. 95 is fine
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by u mad? View Post
    If cars not tuned for 98 then don't bother. 95 is fine
    Gotta save for the subway cookies aye.
    Mate my bbk cost more than your Honda.
    -Amant02

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Generally the reason you don't use fuel with a lower than recommended octane rating is to avoid knock/ping/whatever term you want to use for it. Higher octane fuels have additives to increase resistance to knocking/pinging.

Something to remember about ethanol is that it has a high knock/ping resistance (this affects the octane rating) but low energy. As stated above you can use fuels with 10% ethanol provided the octane rating is 95 or above, however unless your car is fitted with a flex fuel sensor from the factory, expect lower power output.

As for 95 vs 98 octane petrol (without ethanol) it's highly unlikely there will be a difference in performance.
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    This engine been designed and tuned for 95. Ive heard lots of complaints about fuel quality in OZ and usually guys prefer 98 over 95 coz its just of a better quality. Try both 95 and 98 on your pump, disconnect battery for a min after you fill the tank to reset trims and check em. If you see no diff then go with 95.