Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    09 Honda Accord

Red face 2009 Honda Accord - 72 Month Service - General Fluid Reccomendations

Hi all, my 2009 Accords 72 Month/120K service is coming up. I've only done 50K Km's so I'm going by time. I'm looking to replace OEM pads and rotors with this one too as they're squealing as expected. I'm just hoping to get feedback on the parts as I'm not going to the $tealership service I will be supplying parts wherever possible but am a bit of a noob.

Engine Oil: PENRITE ENVIRO PLUS GF5 5W30 5L ENGINE OIL
    Engine Oil Filter: Whatever the Honda universal filter is
    Air Cleaner Element: K&N 33-2402 Air Filter
    Automatic Transmission Fluid: Whatever Honda Genuine is (ATF-Z1 or whatever)
    Brake Fluid: Whatever Honda Genuine is
    Brake Pads: Mechanic has recommended Trustop or Allied Nippon as he has had issues with Bendix CT
    Brake Rotors: DBA for front and rear from old mate supercheap.

The questions I have is
    • Do I need to bother with Power Steering Fluid, and if so, does it need to flushed (how many L's) and what product is recommended?
    • Should I be using a HPR5 5W40 instead? The Penrite product selector doesn't show this. I live in Queensland is ambient temp is a factor.
    • Any other general comments on the above.

This will be a log book service so it will include inspecting valve clearance and adjusting if necessary I think.
    Last edited by Shpox; 06-02-2016 at 09:47 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    TBH I'd suggest the dealership if you are looking to do valve adjustments as most techs now don't do it unless specifically requested and with valve adjustments it's a finesse thing to get it perfect, unless of cause your mechanic knows Honda.
    P/S fluid-Honda genuine is what you want a flush uses 2L
    I belive the oil recomendation is 5-w30.
    Mate my bbk cost more than your Honda.
    -Amant02

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by Shpox View Post
    that or the HPR5 (5w40) is fine.

Air Cleaner Element: K&N 33-2402 Air Filter
    use a cheap paper filter to save some dole

Automatic Transmission Fluid: Whatever Honda Genuine is (ATF-Z1 or whatever)
    You can use other ATF considering the ATF-dw1 is horrendously expensive.

Brake Pads: Mechanic has recommended Trustop or Allied Nippon as he has had issues with Bendix CT
    Try QFM HPX.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    use a cheap paper filter to save some dole

You can use other ATF considering the ATF-dw1 is horrendously expensive.
    Ebay is having 10% special off everything (excluding postage) with coupon code "CRUSHONYOU" from 09.02.2016 till 12.02.2016. This is good for items that are not sold in Repco or Supercheap (they have special regularly). This include redline D4 ATF or other redline oil. Still expensive though...
    Last edited by Martin77; 09-02-2016 at 01:59 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    09 Honda Accord
    Thanks heaps guys. Car is running great.

I went with the following:
    Honda Oil Filter (OEM blue ones)
    Penrite HRP5-W40
    Penrite HPSO
    Penrite ATF-FS
    Ryco Oil Filter

Car loves to get its VTEC on now and the AT shifts are so much smoother.

DBA Rotors and QFM HPX pads are on their way next week.

Only thing I've noticed is that the steering is more heavy with HPSO. Not a bad thing as it's so light usually (something I don't like, old man mode).

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Would you please tell us your experience with the QFM HPX brake pads especially in term of performance, noise and dust generation?

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    I have hPx with rda blank rotors.

Dust and noise is zero. Love the stopping power. Much better than bendix
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Thanks Fred. I also have a hpx on my other car and the braking performance is very good. It's not as smooth compared to OEM though. Slight roughness when pressed hard.
    I thought GSL RallySport is transitioning their recommendation to remsa brake pads (from hpx) because it is quieter with similar performance.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin77 View Post
    Thanks Fred. I also have a hpx on my other car and the braking performance is very good. It's not as smooth compared to OEM though. Slight roughness when pressed hard.
    I thought GSL RallySport is transitioning their recommendation to remsa brake pads (from hpx) because it is quieter with similar performance.
    Remsa is actually a higher temp rated pad compared to HPX (650 Degree vs 550), and it costs more, for a daily HPX is more than sufficient

However Remsa have better cold performance than HPX, but at oz we dont get that cold to benefit from that.

Member Array
    Car:
    09 Honda Accord
    QFM HPX, size mixup on rears so received Remsa pads. Will replace rears at next service. Mech reckons there is plenty of meat on rears, but shit, they are awful. All they do is squeek. The HPX pads are amazing. I actually enjoying braking now.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Yeah I really liked mine.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Does anyone know how the QFM HPX compares with the Hawk HPS pads?