Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Similar but cost half as much
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Thanks for that.
    I think Ill get a Hpx for my rear brake as it is getting thin. Do you know the hpx part number for the cl9 rear?

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Call GSL rally sport (same people as brakesdirect)

Those guys are really good over the phone.
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    09 Honda Accord
    Had a mixup with GSL on rears the computer specified didn't fit. They swapped them over for nemsa pads.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Thanks for that. I hope it will be OK for the cl9. Maybe they can reference a Bendix pads which is db1265 (from Bendix website).

Member Array
    Car:
    09 Honda Accord
    Hi all, just an update on this. I've had horrible squealing and hissing from HPX pads up front and Remsa pads on the rear. GSL have commented that pads shouldn't do this. Mechanic thinks the pads are 'too hard' and recommends going Bendix all round. HPX pads didn't fit the rear for whatever reason.

I've had all rotors skimmed and pads scuffed to see if this alleviates the issue, but no luck. Have tried a number of hard stops 0-100-0. Pads are usually great when slowing down from highway speeds. They squeal like a truck at low speeds. Quite sick of it. Can't recommend the pads unfortunately, though the stopping power is fine.

Do any of you have any tips on what to check for before opting for another pad?

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Do you know which one squeeled? Hpx or remsa?
    I haven't fitted my rear Hpx on my cl9 yet. Apparently I need a special tool to press the piston down. I need to do some investigation.
    Did you put brake grease on the appropriate locations? On my lancer I have hpx on the front brakes. I used CRC brake quiet at the back of the pads. It did not squeel, but I never tried the pads without the CRC brake quiet.
    Its worth asking Fred and Andrew regarding their experience with the HPX pads?

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin77 View Post
    Do you know which one squeeled? Hpx or remsa?
    I haven't fitted my rear Hpx on my cl9 yet. Apparently I need a special tool to press the piston down. I need to do some investigation.
    Did you put brake grease on the appropriate locations? On my lancer I have hpx on the front brakes. I used CRC brake quiet at the back of the pads. It did not squeel, but I never tried the pads without the CRC brake quiet.
    Its worth asking Fred and Andrew regarding their experience with the HPX pads?
    I've got them.

No squeal on mine, but my mechanic did slab a whole lot of brake paste on the back of the pad, as well as did some serious brake bedding afterwards.

Member Array
    Car:
    09 Honda Accord
    Hey Fred and Martin. I think both sets are squeeling. At first, the front right will grab, then the squeeling will be offset to the front left or the rears. I can't seem to isolate to one pad, even though it's most noticeable on the drivers side front.

I went through a period where I let the dust build up for like a month, and then tried a wash. Post wash, the squeeling was a lot worse.

I have a local (ultratune) mechanic down from work that gets decent reviews. I'll ask them to inspect. I might buy a bottle of CRC brake quiet paste in the meantime for them to apply. I just get an inkling it has something to do with fitment. I'm not mechanically minded enough to do the job, so I can't verify if my mechanic did use paste or not.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvROQDsabTw

The CRC brake quiet ( you can use grease like in the video but im not sure if it will stay there for a long time) is a spreadable rubber compound and replaces the grease applied at the back of the pad. Still need to grease the slide pin (she did not do this) and the top and bottom part of the pads like in the video.
    Last edited by Martin77; 19-09-2016 at 09:12 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    09 Honda Accord
    Hi guys, will be taking it to Honda Care at Sunmner Park to look at. Could be a simple grease issue, could be something else...

Member Array
    Car:
    09 Honda Accord
    Just an update on this guys. Took it into Honda Care. Front rotors were glazed.

I believe my initial mechanic did not install the rotors/brakes properly. Honda Care replaced the rotors to the same DBA type, and rescuffed the pads. Things are still settling in, but the pedal feel is completely different. Will keep an eye, but all seems better now, 400 $ later.

Seems like there's a lot of cowboys out there, so make sure your mech isn't a fool.