Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    kswap fn2

VTEC sounds different

Renzo is a kunt
    Last edited by fn2au; 29-04-2016 at 04:44 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by fn2au View Post
    Hi, I have a Civic FN2 Type R with the following mods.

Injen CAI
    Invidia Catback
    You should go check out the ULTIMATE FN2 build by moderator RenzokukenJ, it's crazier than a cheetah on meth

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...e-ultimate-FN2

My vtec changes sound
    Yeah that usually happens when you hit VTEK

sometimes it's crazy and more recently it sounds normal I guess.
    Your car must be female

Is it the ECU fixing it self?
    Try plugging in a laptop into the ECU with an OBD2 program, find the option for automatic fixing and turn it off. Your car will no longer fix itself and will remain broken when a part fails.

Cheers
    No problem
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    What I like to do is just turn off vtec altogether, that way you don't have to deal with this problem
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Dun joke bout car fixing itself, my stereo did it last week tum
    Mate my bbk cost more than your Honda.
    -Amant02

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM B18C Leyland Mini
    Sorry fn2au, I can't help you much apart from suggesting you get a decent workshop to check out your VTEC solenoid. The ECU may be trying to adjust, but VTEC may not be activating on the occasions when you notice a difference in the sound from before. If you have a Haynes manual, I think there is something in there about testing the solenoid, but I don't have one here to look at.

A shame this website has degenerated so much that long-term members think it's ok to flame people asking legit questions in the Noob section.
    It's the main reason I don't come here much anymore. Too much rubbish to trawl through to find the snippets of decent info.
    So there you go - Four replies to your question so far, & only one small piece of 'possibly' helpful info. Barely worth logging in, was it?

Member Array
    Car:
    kswap fn2
    Thanks for an actual reply, I've now learned not to post any questions on Ozhonda.

Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    Either its all in your head or you're low on oil not letting your big cam to 'engage' .
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    kswap fn2
    It engages fine, I can even stay neck and neck with my friends DC2R and I even pull on him after 140. It just sounds crazier at times.

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    It engages fine, I can even stay neck and neck with my friends DC2R and I even pull on him after 140. It just sounds crazier at times.
    Could be IAT's, as in when it gets warm out, you're ecu will compensate by retarding timing/ adding fuel, don't know how much this would effect the actual sound of the car. You say you have a injen cai, so its actually a cai? as in your filter is out of the engine bay and behind a bumper ect?

Again man, i think its all in your head, just getting used to the car.
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    kswap fn2
    Thanks for the help, but ever since I put the Invidia catback on that's when the vtec started changing sound. (Should've mentioned that earlier).

Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    No offence but if you walk into a workshop and ask them why your "VTEC doesn't sound as crazy" sometimes, they'll probably laugh lol.

There are way too many variables and it's not something you should be concerning yourself with if your car is performing fine. Sorry if a bit of humour has offended you but questions like these are bound to attract some sarcasm.

Welcome to ozhanda hehe
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by u mad? View Post
    Again man, i think its all in your head, just getting used to the car.
    This.
    -ZAMMIN-

- Integra-GSi 19/11/2015