Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    ^ wut? Did he just say a basic kswap is not going to be faster than a b18c7??

There is no replacement for displacement.

OP - Cheapest option Rebuild your b18c7.

Better option (if your planning to keep the car for aeons to come)

Basic K24 swap keep the accord box on it for now, as funds free up and you find a good deal a on a rebuilt box jump on it than. (after the swap to swap the box is a clutch job basically)

Budget ~10k is what you should aim. It will be less if your putting in the hours yourself. For the initial swap. There will be some after swap costs too, depending on how far you wanna go.

Another option is ofcourse b20 vtec can be had super cheap these days.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    guess we should all just buy V8s hey amant? With 6k assuming you do all the work yourself you arnt coming out with a good K series but 3-6k into a B? Bitch please
    Mate my bbk cost more than your Honda.
    -Amant02

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Hmm funny cos last time I checked to get your b18 full refreshed to OEM specs costs that 4-5K mark.

This guy is talking about making more power in the process. I wonder whats the additional cams, valve-train, adjustable gears, ECU, possible fueling needs gonna cost.

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Yea sure puting 3-6k towards an already working b18c7 you may make a little kW than a basic kswap.

But you put the same work on a k24 or even a k20 which is better? kswap. B-b-b-bseries bitch pls.
    Last edited by amant02; 17-02-2016 at 07:16 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Wew lad
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Plus the blown c7 and gearbok still worth value on the parts for sale section. With all other smallar parts which he wont be using anylonger.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Lol Amant you are such a dud. Very entertaining but quite silly
    -Amant02

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Why would u build a c7 back to OE spec, cam it, do the head work, high comp Pistons, new rods and a tune on a type r box will be much better than some half finished 6k K swap...
    -Amant02

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by amant02 View Post
    Plus the blown c7 and gearbok still worth value on the parts for sale section. With all other smallar parts which he wont be using anylonger.
    Isn't that the gear box everyone's been telling me to get for my b16a2? How much you want for it?

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Still rather a kswap for future potenial. B series is dead kunt. Dont be sore in the ass cos u have a b series.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    It's more a point that at 6 k you arnt getting close to the best a K series has to offer, but 6k to rebuild a B series you already have, you would however get to build that engine to your specs. It comes down to your preference OP but it depends on what the car will be used for etc. are you doing the work or getting a workshop to do it? Can you get K series cheap? what I'm saying is a 6k budget to buy and install a K isn't much in the K series fanboy world, had he said 12-14k then my answer would be diffrent, he could buy a Subaru.
    Last edited by Daveho1; 17-02-2016 at 08:30 PM.
    -Amant02

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    And you dont understand that 6k isn't going to get you a fancy b18c7 either.

Rough cost just off the top of my head.

Machine Shop Work - $1200 ish
    Rods and Pistons Combo - $1200 ish
    Valve Train Combo - $600 ish
    Cams - $1200 ish
    Cam Gears - 500 ish
    Total - 4700

We havnt even added costs of things like master gasket kit, timing belt, water pump, oil pump, ECU + tuning, Fueling needs, fluids, possible clutch upgrade required. = Minimum 2-3k here.
    Already barking up the 5k mark. Specially since I have under estimated on prices.

K man ur 6k + a blown b18c7 gonna out perform a basic kswap.

Havnt u realised dud ur a dumb kunt who drives a shitbox dc2 wanting a b series to outperform its successor k m8. Go put moar stickers on your car and post it up as update on ur build thread.
    Last edited by amant02; 17-02-2016 at 10:50 PM.