Member Array
    Car:
    EF8 CRX

Gearbox and Engine Mounts for YS1 into EF8 Crx

Hi all,
    I have tried searching this site, crxaustralia and hondatech for answers but can't find the info I need.
    I have a stock ef8 with b16a.
    I want all new engine mounts but can't find any. Hasport and companies like that seem to only do mounts for conversions into crx's which have a different size engine bay to the ef8.
    What mounts do you have for ef8?

Further, I have sourced a YS1 gearbox with ITR gearset and lsd etc. I have read snippets that have suggested the engine bay needs hammering for clearance? Also that a different gearbox mount is also required but no info given on which one.

If you've done the mounts or put one of these gearboxes into an ef8 please let me know what you know.

Kind regards
    Scott

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, EF8, EF2
    Innovative make replacement mounts for EF8/EF9: https://www.innovativemounts.com/Pro...ductCode=19152

No idea on the second question, but it would probably be worth looking at using DA Integra transmission mount parts given they have some other bits in common with EF8s.

Member Array
    Car:
    EF8 CRX
    ChargeR you're a champion. Thanks for the link to the mounts. I'll be getting a set of them.

I have heard that da integra shares a lot of parts but I think I read they have a wider engine bay that the ef8 which is why the ef8 apparently requires bashing of engine bay panels to fit the gearbox.

Does anybody know anything about the mods required to fit the gearbox? How much hammer work required? Difficulty? Transmission Mount? Anything else I need?

Thank again chargeR

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    Ef8 will accommodate a b series transmission.

I'm using innovative. Not the best but does the job
    SSpamily

Member Array
    Car:
    EF8 CRX
    Quote Originally Posted by cbauto View Post
    Ef8 will accommodate a b series transmission.

I'm using innovative. Not the best but does the job
    Sorry mate, just confirming. It obviously has a B series motor and transmission standard so it does accommodate these. But the YS1 is apparently a fair bit bigger. Are you saying it accommodates the YS1 as well?

Are you using an innovative transmission Mount on a ys1 cable box? What's "not the best" about it?

I may be wrong but I thought hammering the firewall was only something done with conversions into no SiR 88-91 models.

This may be incorrect though.

Member Array
    Car:
    EF8 CRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Renaissance_x View Post
    I may be wrong but I thought hammering the firewall was only something done with conversions into no SiR 88-91 models.

This may be incorrect though.
    This is what I am hoping as I know the ef8 has a larger under bonnet area than the non ef8/ee8 crx's.
    Can anyone confirm though whether there's any need for modification with a ys1 box into an ef8? Will the standard mount work?

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    Nothing wrong with innovative. Just fit and finish isn't OEM

Can confirm S1 fits ed9 chassis
    SSpamily

Member Array
    Car:
    EF8 CRX
    Quote Originally Posted by cbauto View Post
    Nothing wrong with innovative. Just fit and finish isn't OEM

Can confirm S1 fits ed9 chassis
    Thanks for the info on innovative mate.

Unfortunately I don't have an ed9 or S1.

Still looking for someone to confirm whether I need a different transmission Mount to mount a ys1 cable box in my ef8?

Anyone?

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    Quote Originally Posted by crx51 View Post
    Thanks for the info on innovative mate.

Unfortunately I don't have an ed9 or S1.

Still looking for someone to confirm whether I need a different transmission Mount to mount a ys1 cable box in my ef8?

Anyone?
    Take a picture of the mount bolt pattern and I'll compare them to mine
    SSpamily