Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R

CTR b16b camshafts

Does anyone know if you can still find the OEM Honda CTR camshafts, valve springs and cam gears in new condition.

Other than a new ECU and tune, is there anything else that I would need to run these in my B16A?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Why not buy skunk2 or any quality aftermarket item without the JDM wank tax?
    To get the most out of cams you need to tune.
    Mate my bbk cost more than your Honda.
    -Amant02

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Skunk2 are just as expensive as any other JDM camshaft package, aren't they? I thought they'd be up there with Toda, Jun etc in price. At least that's what I've seen online.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Well I belive they are about 800-1k? Something like that but you need to figure out what you want from your engine, just changing stuff aimlessly is expensive and pointless.
    -Amant02

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    As dave said research before you decide to spend. Headwork is not cheap.

Its a b16....... maybe just buying a b18c2 and matching it to your gearbox + current setup will net you better gains.

This will cost around the same or less than headwork(if your doing the work urself). The C2 is only 19kW weaker than the c7, yet its priced like a 1/4 of the price lol.

What lets the VTiR DC2 down is its gear ratios, but your b16a's gearbox is quiet lively for a NA motor.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    Does anyone know if you can still find the OEM Honda CTR camshafts, valve springs and cam gears in new condition.

Other than a new ECU and tune, is there anything else that I would need to run these in my B16A?
    They would be available from Honda Japan. I don't know what they cost, you'll need to enquire with somewhere that supplies oem parts.

Although it's not exactly the same, you'll have a much easier time finding ITR cams.

You might want to double check this, but I don't believe that B16B cam gears and valve springs are different from B16A.
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    better chance to find a dc2r cams .

to get the most out of the cams, beside tuning, is to have a aftermarket intake manifold from S2 with bigger throttle body.
    connorling, your profile and evidenced by your post tells me alot about what type of feral you are..... all class 'hay'!!!! ps. not your m8....

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by Super-DA9 View Post
    They would be available from Honda Japan. I don't know what they cost, you'll need to enquire with somewhere that supplies oem parts.

Although it's not exactly the same, you'll have a much easier time finding ITR cams.

You might want to double check this, but I don't believe that B16B cam gears and valve springs are different from B16A.
    I assumed that would be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by connorling View Post
    better chance to find a dc2r cams .

to get the most out of the cams, beside tuning, is to have a aftermarket intake manifold from S2 with bigger throttle body.
    I had read that the intake manifold for the b16a outperformed both the dc2r and skunk2 pro manifold all the way up to 300hp. Can't find the source right now but there were dyno results to prove it.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    What are you going to use this car for?
    -Amant02

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Main use will be daily driver. So ideally I'm chasing a mild street build. The focus will be on the suspension. The engine work will be a bonus, you could say. That's why I'm doing as much research as possible before I start buying parts.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    If you are just streeting it then I'd look at sorting suspension and brakes first
    -Amant02