Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: How 2 beat dc2R

Member Array
    Car:
    kswap fn2
    Quote Originally Posted by amant02 View Post
    Did I offend you? oO

No offense intended mate. Just being honest. Even the Honda record times for dc2r and fn2r for 0-100KM is at a point where the better driver is gonna win.

Sure the dc2r has a greater power to weight ratio. but at that 0-100KM its not enfu to matter soo much. Its the 100-200 where the dc2r is gonna pull away. You doing 200KM on public road?

Like lilthug said loose weight. About 250KG is what you need to shed.

Or more power, K24 bottom.

I personally thing why ur losing is cos you have a 6 speed and he has a 5 speed. You have to shift one extra time than he does.

It's a fast light little car, I plan on doing exhaust,headers,intake and tune and I'm hoping I can take him on both normal street and highway. You're somewhat right on the highway we are neck and neck and then after 160 he just pulls.

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Okay dont break your car.

This just came to me....

The cost of doing IHE + tune. Brand name parts that at new cost.

You could slap on a k24 bottom + tune. Stock noise level but pull soo much harder. He wont even know.
    Last edited by amant02; 21-02-2016 at 02:25 AM.

Bro they are same in a straight line.

I just googled to confirm they are coming back around the same same times 0-100 on nearly every forum and site.

I have driven both, they have same same straight line guts. Infact dc2r, dc5r, dc5s, fn2r will be very similar to each other in straight line. I think slightly faster is EP3R and S2k.

Maybe if you learn to shift faster or launch just outside vtec range you can beat him. Or the other option is buy a falcon/commodore if your after straightline speed.
    Spec's don't convey everything.

The times from manufacturers and forums are the 'best' times achieved ie 1 luck run.

I think what OP is saying is how to consistently do it. DC2R can achieve the recorded time most of the time unless driver error. FN2R however the recorded time is much much harder.

OP apart from driver skills, you need to see what modifications to make it easier + consistent to drive.

As lilthug said, one way is the weight disparity, lighter the car is, easier not to bog down, easier to accelerate, etc etc. Lightened Flywheel, etc.
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Btw I have only never lost to one DC2R in the subbie.

I was close to stock too. He had a turbo.
    Brian o'conner over here, really unless it's on a track where both cars are free to really push to their limit I'd say your light to light races don't count for anything
    Mate my bbk cost more than your Honda.
    -Amant02

Quote Originally Posted by Daveho1 View Post
    Brian o'conner over here, really unless it's on a track where both cars are free to really push to their limit I'd say your light to light races don't count for anything
    Leave him be, he wants to massage a big E-Wa...
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveho1 View Post
    Talking like his already heading out track.

Pssht, I wasnt gonna turn down the offer from a Honda.

Well tbh I wouldve If i were to hear his compressor surge earlier.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2

Didn't you loose your license?
    Mate my bbk cost more than your Honda.
    -Amant02

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Bro they are same in a straight line.

I just googled to confirm they are coming back around the same same times 0-100 on nearly every forum and site.

I have driven both, they have same same straight line guts. Infact dc2r, dc5r, dc5s, fn2r will be very similar to each other in straight line. I think slightly faster is EP3R and S2k.

Maybe if you learn to shift faster or launch just outside vtec range you can beat him. Or the other option is buy a falcon/commodore if your after straightline speed.
    A stock FN2 gets high 15's-16 down the quarter. a DC2R gets high 15's, and I think this is mostly due to the dig

What really matters is their trap speed, if you have this data then you can compare properly

Isn't it true though? Nobody pushes 100% on the street so it's more a comparison of recklessness.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    Op if i had a fn2r and wanted to go fast in a straight line, i would install a rotrex or turbo. it's too heavy to stay NA
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    fn2r straight line is no where near dc2r.

dc2r can do high 14sec at the drag and fn2r mid 15sec.
    connorling, your profile and evidenced by your post tells me alot about what type of feral you are..... all class 'hay'!!!! ps. not your m8....

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Quote Originally Posted by connorling View Post
    fn2r straight line is no where near dc2r.

dc2r can do high 14sec at the drag and fn2r mid 15sec.
    Lol no, FN2R can do 13 second you just shit driver
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    Quote Originally Posted by RenzokukenJ View Post
    Lol no, FN2R can do 13 second you just shit driver
    or ur car is shi.

oops
    connorling, your profile and evidenced by your post tells me alot about what type of feral you are..... all class 'hay'!!!! ps. not your m8....