Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    I was more pointing it out so that in te future someone elce dosnt draw the conclusion that removing a rear sway bar is going to improve handling as it simply won't, additionally if the ASR is correctly installed removing it and simply going back to standard isn't really an option due to the drilling out of some threads, that being said its been years since I last did one,As for your rear camber adjustment I think it would be advantageous for you to do some reading on suspension, not trolling seriously, It would be good for you to know.
    Mate my bbk cost more than your Honda.
    -Amant02

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    Might take my swaybar off my dc2r, weight reduction as well, sick
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    'good for to me know'?

U come accross as being arrogant dave,dunno if you've noticed

I like to learn by doing things myself,trial and error with a bit of reading to draw my own conclusions.

Every application is different.

Definitely improved handling in mine by removing it.I had it in for 6 years.

Now,if I removed it 2-5 yrs ago I would have said its worse but I drive on bumpy,windy roads full time now and it's better gone!

No jarring,smoother ride.

Rear camber - I personally do think it will change if asr is removed.I adjusted the rear camber using the washer trick.Camber is perfect.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Okay well you are mistaken and should do some reading, If that sounds arrogant to you I apologise but knowing how cars work before changing and removing things will save you time and help you make educated decisions.
    -Amant02

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    'knowing how cars work'

Ahhh,all good man.I do appreciate the apology.

I'm not trying tell others if u do this it will be better.

My posts clearly state that I've done this and my car is better for it,the reason why it's better and the accompanying mods I have that achieved this after 10 years of trial and error.

U cant tell me my car has not improved in handling because it has.

But do u remember the reason why it's better?

The roads.i drive on bumpy roads,off camber corners,tricky roads and with the rear sway gone I HAVE MORE fine adjustment in those off camber corners where the rear can break traction (and has) with the rear sway on (too stiff).

Are u starting to see why I make long posts?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    I assure u I mean no offence I'm just saying that dealing with bumpy country roads by removing the sway bar while it may feel better to you in the cabin isn't really what the suspension setup you have was designed for. You may be better off with more complient shocks and springs for example.
    -Amant02

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    I'm going to the shop (65km to the closest shop).

65k's of hell windy/bumby roads,20 dirt.Rocks,potholes,u name it.

Not too bad when u know where they all are.

The price of living in a very secluded area.

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveho1 View Post
    I assure u I mean no offence I'm just saying that dealing with bumpy country roads by removing the sway bar while it may feel better to you in the cabin isn't really what the suspension setup you have was designed for. You may be better off with more complient shocks and springs for example.
    YES!

I was thinking the same thing mate.

Any ideas on a set up?

I do love the coils and I will replace the cartridges,I've had them for 6 yrs or so but the roads maybe worse where I'm moving so I may just have to change.

I was just after any ideas that I could look into for future reference.
    Last edited by beeza; 04-03-2016 at 06:30 AM.

Beeza let me point this out to you

You are feeling "butt dyno" or "change from something known". It feels better to you because your brain has come adjusted to a certain fee - it feels better now so good for you. Do whatever you want.

Let me me tell you though - if handling is your thing you NEED a rear sway bar , you are actually going to kill your coil overs quicker without.
    For a FWD ROAD car , the best combo is firmer PROGRESSIVE springs combined with a UPGRADED/swaybar coupled with full front and rear alignment plus good tyres.

It seems the driver needs upgrading too . Stuff coil overs are not for the street.

PS running super soft coil overs only and no swaybars is a race car thing - I feel you read this on wiki or some old man forums with open wheelers

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    Sounds like you need some long travel rally car style suspension lol

either that or a nissan patrol
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    I can only say what works for me benny.

U know I value your knowledge but it's not the be end and end all.

It does feel better and I have more confidence now too.

I'm not the best driver but I'm 100% improved from 2006 when I started properly.

'iijjee' on here said the 'rear sway bar removed for improved handling' thing.

It's just better because of the roads.Honestly a rear sway bar out here is just too much/stiff at the rear.

U know me,it's all trial and error but my car is more comfortable on these roads without it.

U are right off course but this is my story that others can hopefully learn from.

Just like I did with ian's post . It's personnel,like buying sunglasses.

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Quote Originally Posted by u mad? View Post
    Sounds like you need some long travel rally car style suspension lol

either that or a nissan patrol
    Haha lol it's not too bad or I wouldn't drive the roads,just gotta know when to go slow and swerve

The dirt roads don't have bad grating...that's the worse.A Grated dirt road.