Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda HRV VTL S

Clunk/Knock noise in Honda HRV VTI-S 2015

I just got a brandnew HRV VTI-S from Honda Blacktown a couple weeks ago. This car has everything I need. I was very happy with my new car until I noticed a slight clunk/knock sound when I accelerated or took my foot of the accelerator pedal during stop and go driving. This noise was heard easily when I drove at slow speed e.g. in carpark, in traffic jam etc. This really drives me crazy!!! I brought my HRV back to Honda Blacktown and they said “nothing mechanical wrong with the car, the clunk sound is just a part of the car”!!!! Not sure if anyone could hear similar noise with your HRV

Member Array
    Car:
    Corolla Spec S
    take it to another honda dealer for 2nd opinion
    peteju captures, like us on facebook..

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Yeah Nah, take it to another dealer. Clunking isn't part of the car and if it is well that's a ****ing aweful feature
    Mate my bbk cost more than your Honda.
    -Amant02

Mate don't stuff around call up Department of fair trading to act on behalf and get this sorted.
    Car dealers will make any excuse right up until you practically sue them lol.

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    Mate don't stuff around call up Department of fair trading to act on behalf and get this sorted.
    Car dealers will make any excuse right up until you practically sue them lol.
    x2, don't let them try tell you there's no problem
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe

OP here is the link to contact the department of fair trading

http://www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/ft...ontact_us.page

They will assign a worker to your case - state as much info as possible and they will chase up the dealer and get something done about it.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda HRV VTL S
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    OP here is the link to contact the department of fair trading

http://www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/ft...ontact_us.page

They will assign a worker to your case - state as much info as possible and they will chase up the dealer and get something done about it.
    Thanks bennjamin

I brought my HRV back to Honda Blacktown three times. They tested another HRV in their car yard and heard the same noise !!! They told me that they had already reported this issue to Honda and await for Honda response (could be 1 month or 1 year). At the moment, they don't know what to do with this noise. If this noise happens to majority of HRVs, I think it can be a design fault. I just hope more HRV owners will pick up this noise and report to Honda so that Honda will try to solve the problem quicker.

For now, I will try another dealer as per lilthug and Daveho1's suggestion.

Member Array
    Car:
    ®
    Quote Originally Posted by TPham View Post
    Thanks bennjamin

I brought my HRV back to Honda Blacktown three times. They tested another HRV in their car yard and heard the same noise !!! They told me that they had already reported this issue to Honda and await for Honda response (could be 1 month or 1 year). At the moment, they don't know what to do with this noise. If this noise happens to majority of HRVs, I think it can be a design fault. I just hope more HRV owners will pick up this noise and report to Honda so that Honda will try to solve the problem quicker.

For now, I will try another dealer as per lilthug and Daveho1's suggestion.
    If a Honda dealer is saying they've already reported the issue to Honda Co. and could be waiting up to 1 year for a response, then whats the point of going to a second dealer? Of course, they could be lying to you, but that is another big problem. Did you actually witness the same sound coming from their HRV? Just because another HRV has the same noise doesn't make it OK anyway.

Do what Bennjamin said otherwise you're going to waste a lot of time.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda HRV VTL S
    Today I recorded the Clunking/knocking noise while driving in a carpark. I uploaded the video here --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ogESHQolGI . Can you guys please hear it and let me know if this noise is "normal" for a brandnew car or not? Thanks

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    HRV E CVT 1.5
    Hi m8.

i have the same problem with that knocking sound. Have you solve the problem ? could you please let me know what is causing that noise ?

Member Array
    Car:
    HRV RU5
    Hi guys! I had a similar issue with my 2015 HR-V VTi-L. Low speed driving. I took mine to the dealer and unfortunately they had to replace the entire gearbox at 10k kms! I had to wait for the delivery of the new g/box from overseas. Replacement took 3 days. Good ol' CVT gearboxes 😒. Anyway its been a few thousand kms and the replacement is so far so good. Drove it up to QLD etc. Car now has 18k kms. Good luck 👍

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk
    "king kong, ain't got sh*t on me"..... denzel washington - training day

Honda hrv noise on acceleration

Quote Originally Posted by TPham View Post
    I just got a brandnew HRV VTI-S from Honda Blacktown a couple weeks ago. This car has everything I need. I was very happy with my new car until I noticed a slight clunk/knock sound when I accelerated or took my foot of the accelerator pedal during stop and go driving. This noise was heard easily when I drove at slow speed e.g. in carpark, in traffic jam etc. This really drives me crazy!!! I brought my HRV back to Honda Blacktown and they said “nothing mechanical wrong with the car, the clunk sound is just a part of the car”!!!! Not sure if anyone could hear similar noise with your HRV
    Hi, I know that your post was way back, however, I have a 2016 HRV with what I think is the same noise. The noise in my HRV happens when pressing on the accelerator pedal and releasing the accelerator pedal at low speed.

I have been contacted by Honda Public Relations yesterday who advised to take the car back to the dealership for another investigation. Did you ever discover the cause of your noise?

Many thanks.