Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by rocky_b View Post
    Hi guys! I had a similar issue with my 2015 HR-V VTi-L. Low speed driving. I took mine to the dealer and unfortunately they had to replace the entire gearbox at 10k kms! I had to wait for the delivery of the new g/box from overseas. Replacement took 3 days. Good ol' CVT gearboxes ��. Anyway its been a few thousand kms and the replacement is so far so good. Drove it up to QLD etc. Car now has 18k kms. Good luck ��

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk
    Hi, I have a 2016 HRV with what I think is the same noise. The noise in my HRV happens when pressing on the accelerator pedal and releasing the accelerator pedal at low speed.

I have been contacted by Honda Public Relations yesterday who advised me to take the car back to the dealership for another investigation. So far, the Honda mechanics do not know the cause of the noise.
    Did Honda ever contact you directly and acknowledge the fact of the gearbox being faulty?

Many thanks.

Member Array
    Car:
    HRV RU5
    Quote Originally Posted by Barrierreef View Post
    Hi, I have a 2016 HRV with what I think is the same noise. The noise in my HRV happens when pressing on the accelerator pedal and releasing the accelerator pedal at low speed.

I have been contacted by Honda Public Relations yesterday who advised me to take the car back to the dealership for another investigation. So far, the Honda mechanics do not know the cause of the noise.
    Did Honda ever contact you directly and acknowledge the fact of the gearbox being faulty?

Many thanks.
    Hi Barrierreef,

When I took the vehicle back to my Dealer they acknowledged the noise and issue right away.

More than likely it is an issue with the transmission as well. If Honda PR contacted you, I have a feeling this is a reported 'common' issue with the supplied CVTs in our HR-Vs.

No, I wasn't contacted by Honda at all.

According to my repair invoice in 2016:
    "removed and replaced transmission as required as per bulletin".
    Hopefully this bulletin covers your issue too.

All this was repaired under warranty.
    Also got a the new Civic for free as my loan car for the 3 days the HR-V was out of action, make sure you do the same.

Good luck

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "king kong, ain't got sh*t on me"..... denzel washington - training day

Quote Originally Posted by rocky_b View Post
    Hi Barrierreef,

When I took the vehicle back to my Dealer they acknowledged the noise and issue right away.

More than likely it is an issue with the transmission as well. If Honda PR contacted you, I have a feeling this is a reported 'common' issue with the supplied CVTs in our HR-Vs.

No, I wasn't contacted by Honda at all.

According to my repair invoice in 2016:
    "removed and replaced transmission as required as per bulletin".
    Hopefully this bulletin covers your issue too.

All this was repaired under warranty.
    Also got a the new Civic for free as my loan car for the 3 days the HR-V was out of action, make sure you do the same.

Good luck

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Hi rocky -b,

Thank you very much for your helpful reply. I will do what I can to get more information on the "bulletin" so that I can tell my dealer about it.

Kind regards,

Barrierreef

Hi Everyone, I have replied to earlier thread contributors regarding a clonking/clunking noise when lightly accelerating and decelerating at low speeds. I have taken the 2015/2016 HRV back to the dealership who acknowledge the sound but say it is "characteristic" and not a " fault" or "future problem". Today, I jacked up the driver's side of the car with the car in neutral and brakes off. I turned the wheel to and fro and the noise was evident as coming from the CVT GEARBOX. My neighbour who is very mechanically minded and experienced said it was "backlash" in the gearbox. Any comments from anybody else would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
    Barrierreef

Member Array
    Car:
    14EGs/8EDs/3EKs
    Quote Originally Posted by Barrierreef View Post
    Hi Everyone, I have replied to earlier thread contributors regarding a clonking/clunking noise when lightly accelerating and decelerating at low speeds. I have taken the 2015/2016 HRV back to the dealership who acknowledge the sound but say it is "characteristic" and not a " fault" or "future problem". Today, I jacked up the driver's side of the car with the car in neutral and brakes off. I turned the wheel to and fro and the noise was evident as coming from the CVT GEARBOX. My neighbour who is very mechanically minded and experienced said it was "backlash" in the gearbox. Any comments from anybody else would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
    Barrierreef
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    OP here is the link to contact the department of fair trading

http://www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/ft...ontact_us.page

They will assign a worker to your case - state as much info as possible and they will chase up the dealer and get something done about it.
    5char
    JDM D15B - you wouldn't understand

No K-SWAP ? No worries - Unfriend