Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CL9 Euro Luxury
    The last model manuals were imported from the UK. Hopefully the same will happen with the new hatch in 2017.

I checked the Honda Thailand website - no manual Civics there either.

Won't happen, its a significant cost saving for them to build it in Thailand and ship to Australia versus the latter.

Also as quoted from the article above.

Australia

To be produced in Thailand alongside the new sedan (instead of the UK), the new five-door has been confirmed for Australia, however timing has yet to be confirmed.

I have not heard anything about the thai plant getting upgrades to produce the hatchback as it would need a big upgrade to start making a new chassis that they have never made before(new stamping machines, more room, ect).
    Where as about a year ago the UK swindon plant got a upgrade so they could produce more cars.
    Now shipping the same parts(headlights, interior, ect) to thailand so they can make the hatchback there just for australia does not make any sense economically

Now why would Honda put money into a plant when they are going to be making less cars.
    HondaAU can say we want all cars to be auto and come from china or from the moon, does not make it so

The thailand plant will be making sedans as normal, but i doubt it will make the hatchbacks.

If Honda was going to make the hatchbakcs in another part of the world, it would be mexico since the US is getting the new gen hatchbacks from what I heard.

“The same body type, from the same factory, with the same spec, with a hatch and a sedan. So that’s what we’ll bring to market.
    “It’s clearly been challenging selling a UK-sourced different looking car in hatch versus a Thai-made, different spec car in sedan. It’s been very challenging, it’s been somewhat confusing to the market.

“From day one we said we want one car, one strategy for Civic, and it all feeds in to that,” he said.
    - Hondie Australia

That means nothing,
    It is not up to honda australia.
    Honda HQ are the ones running things, they give the orders, they tell the factories what to do.
    If Honda HQ ask the thai plant to make the hatch, they will have to make the hatch, but they will need the space and machinery, stamping dies to do it.

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Quote Originally Posted by lolmclol View Post
    - Hondie Australia
    What that means is that UK make the front, and Thai makes the rear

Then they both get sent to Japan who then weld together to eliminate flex
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Quote Originally Posted by RenzokukenJ View Post
    What that means is that UK make the front, and Thai makes the rear

Then they both get sent to Japan who then weld together to eliminate flex
    Thank for elaborating RenzokukenJ

Hope Hondie HQ Worldwide is treating you well.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    I suppose we can only go off a statement from a representative vs the undeniable business acumen of sir Grayfox
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    what did i miss?
    SSpamily

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CL9 Euro Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by lolmclol View Post
    - Hondie Australia
    Well, Honda Aus are saying the manual hatch is still under consideration and they haven't yet made a decision. Why would they even bother saying that if the manual hatch has been so categorically ruled out?

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    Quote Originally Posted by Splashalot View Post
    Well, Honda Aus are saying the manual hatch is still under consideration and they haven't yet made a decision. Why would they even bother saying that if the manual hatch has been so categorically ruled out?
    To create interest
    SSpamily

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CL9 Euro Luxury
    LOL! Of course. In other reports, Honda Aus say they haven't ruled out fitting the upcoming Civic hatch with the GE Honda HF120 engine from the Honda Jet. There, that should create some interest too.