Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    @grayfox

thai built

auto only

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Last edited by lolmclol; 21-03-2017 at 08:39 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2013 Accord~US
    Wife making noises about the (US-market) 2013 plated 2.4L Accord being too big, specially for her fluvax work & stuff...city car parks...but generally.
    Accord has factory body kit, and we've been very happy with it, but she's homing in on new Civic as replacement. Going to AutoSports next w/end to suss things out, but am at sea on how much the trade will be..how Civic pricing/levels will be. I don't particularly like dealer/trade-in argy bargy, but carsales can be a pain too.
    I'm old, by some standards, though don't wear a cardigan in the street. But I do like the fact they've at least got multi-link rear on it.
    We shall see.
    Oh, anyone heard a rough date they'll hit; supposed to be April sometime.

..just tripped over this...general FYI.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-03-25 at 2.19.43 pm.png 
Views:	111 
Size:	35.2 KB 
ID:	30054  
    Last edited by frailer5; 25-03-2017 at 01:23 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux
    My daughter bought a Civic RS Turbo sedan late last year. I have driven it a few times and am impressed with the way it drives. Handles like our MY 12 Accord Euro, has better all round vision and has a much bigger boot. Now the wife wants to trade the Euro for a new Civic turbo hatchback when it arrives. Maybe it's time to dispose of my old Saab as I don't really want to get rid of the Euro which is a low k's car. I can see her point re the visibility, which doesn't bother me due to my height, but it sure bothers her.

Member Array
    Car:
    Long history
    auto only.. and with shit rear suspension.

In terms of performance, honda has lost its way. I also hate the rear bumper vents, just because a mid mounted ferrari has rear vents, doesnt mean a front engined car needs them. Essentially rice from the factory.

I was just hoping the L15 turbo would bolt into a jazz easily becsause it comes with an NA L15, but the mounts are dif, the exhaust and intake sides are swapped, and mates to the tranny differently, so basically there goes that idea, especially given the civic will only come in auto.

Quote Originally Posted by frailer5 View Post
    Wife making noises about the (US-market) 2013 plated 2.4L Accord being too big, specially for her fluvax work & stuff...city car parks...but generally.
    Accord has factory body kit, and we've been very happy with it, but she's homing in on new Civic as replacement. Going to AutoSports next w/end to suss things out, but am at sea on how much the trade will be..how Civic pricing/levels will be. I don't particularly like dealer/trade-in argy bargy, but carsales can be a pain too.
    I'm old, by some standards, though don't wear a cardigan in the street. But I do like the fact they've at least got multi-link rear on it.
    We shall see.
    Oh, anyone heard a rough date they'll hit; supposed to be April sometime.

..just tripped over this...general FYI.
    you mean you tripped over the article on caradvice, right?

http://www.caradvice.com.au/533757/2...riving-in-may/

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2013 Accord~US
    Quote Originally Posted by Dxs View Post
    auto only.. and with shit rear suspension.

In terms of performance, honda has lost its way. I also hate the rear bumper vents, just because a mid mounted ferrari has rear vents, doesnt mean a front engined car needs them. Essentially rice from the factory.

I was just hoping the L15 turbo would bolt into a jazz easily becsause it comes with an NA L15, but the mounts are dif, the exhaust and intake sides are swapped, and mates to the tranny differently, so basically there goes that idea, especially given the civic will only come in auto.
    Thanks for comments, ppl.

Dxs, are saying the new suspension is under-par...as in multi-link but doesn't work as it maybe should?

Generally, really not sure which way to head. Am subjectively not attracted to Mazdas; irrational maybe but... Toyota, always worth considering due to reliability.

I guess there's nothing too exciting in the mid-25s. Need to be realistic on this.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2013 Accord~US
    Quote Originally Posted by lolmclol View Post
    you mean you tripped over the article on caradvice, right?

http://www.caradvice.com.au/533757/2...riving-in-may/
    Yeah, I got the pricing there. Wife was on laptop.. she'd accessed a more detailed one. Not sure which site now..

Member Array
    Car:
    Long history
    Thanks for comments, ppl.

Dxs, are saying the new suspension is under-par...as in multi-link but doesn't work as it maybe should?

Generally, really not sure which way to head. Am subjectively not attracted to Mazdas; irrational maybe but... Toyota, always worth considering due to reliability.

I guess there's nothing too exciting in the mid-25s. Need to be realistic on this.
    My bad, seems like the new civic is multi link and they finally are moving away from the torsion beam.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2013 Accord~US
    Quote Originally Posted by Dxs View Post
    My bad, seems like the new civic is multi link and they finally are moving away from the torsion beam.
    Cheers. Shall have to await the test-drive in late April.

Styling-wise, Honda seem to get about halfway there, then blend in some silly design features that don't gel, often. Surely there are some Milanese design grads who would like a stab at it.

I'm old, so I remember being puzzled, as a kid, at why the Mazda 1500 sedan looked so good. Was only many years later I realised.... Bertone..
    Last edited by frailer5; 28-03-2017 at 01:24 PM.

Yeah, I got the pricing there. Wife was on laptop.. she'd accessed a more detailed one. Not sure which site now..
    lmao

taking a screenshot, cropping, then uploading it versus posting a link to the article?

Quote Originally Posted by Daveho1 View Post
    Yh Nh looks like shit aye, while yes obviously the market has changed from Hondas glory days 20 odd years ago it's a shame that really this is no diffrent to any other mid size in that you can plaster sports badges on it as much as you want but when it comes down to it what would be more of a drivers car, this or say a ek9, ep3r, eg6 etc etc from the past?
    I hate the new Hondas. I think they have swap designer with Hyundai.

Member Array
    Car:
    ACCORD EURO
    The best looking Hondas wear both generations of Accord Euro.
    Since then they've gone downhill....