Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Civic 10th gen, it looks pretty good.

Hi guys,

I wonder how much will the 1.5 litre turbo cost and I hope we get the european engine because apparently it makes more power and torque than the american or asian version. I reckon they should put the 2.0 as a base model and not the 1.8. I think if the base model with 2.0 is around 20k then they would sell heaps.

http://tinyurl.com/znxbto4

The side profile looks very similar to Audi A5 sportback.

I am thinking about getting the turbo one when it comes out if the price is not too crazy high and if it comes in manual. I hate those CVT transmission. I think it would be around 30k similar in price to the current Sport. It seems like Honda is slowly getting its mojo back.
    Last edited by jazznewbie; 18-03-2016 at 04:03 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Yh Nh looks like shit aye, while yes obviously the market has changed from Hondas glory days 20 odd years ago it's a shame that really this is no diffrent to any other mid size in that you can plaster sports badges on it as much as you want but when it comes down to it what would be more of a drivers car, this or say a ek9, ep3r, eg6 etc etc from the past?
    Mate my bbk cost more than your Honda.
    -Amant02

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R>AH>EK>DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by jazznewbie View Post
    Hi guys,

It seems like Honda is slowly getting its mojo back.

It seems like we're not getting a coupe..

"A coupe-like roofline combines with sporty lines and a muscular body to give the Civic a stunning new silhouette."

Quote Originally Posted by Daveho1 View Post
    Hondas glory
    SPAMMAPS
    Carburettor|Nation

that mikey G guy is the biggest shit talker ive ever met..
    in the space of 15minutes he sold two sets of wheels. claims a guy under the username DNT-CRY bought them!

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    lmao^

but to op, it looks like a Hyundai

probably drives like one to
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Yep, exactly the above
    -Amant02

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R>AH>EK>DC2
    I do respect OP for bringing this up... Honda has released some hits n misses since the EK.

This new Civic could be something.... COULD.....

but I doubt we will get a Civic coupe (AGAIN) and knowing what US Honda is like... their Civic's will be far more sexy!

I've gotta call spec savers, I think it looks nice (for an accord) but for a Civic, I think it looks too long..
    That's not a bad thing.. Honda is moving on from the stereotype "little car" but if they're going to do that.... it better not have a fkn R18.........better be a fkn B18C2 or some shit.

I don't mind the booty, when I've had a couple more drinks it reminds me of the USDM Civic 06-10.... mmmm......... datass....

The front... ergh.......... It seems like the ratio is off.... somewhere? I feel like there too much grill? not enough headlight?
    I must be getting old, I know I'm senile and my glaucoma is bad lmfao

Quote Originally Posted by u mad? View Post
    but to op, it looks like a Hyundai

probably drives like one to
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveho1 View Post
    Yep, exactly the above
    Hahaha you kunts are fuked, a Hyundai? Soichiro must be rolling in his..... right now.
    brb
    www.OzHyundai.com/forum/hehehee
    SPAMMAPS
    Carburettor|Nation

that mikey G guy is the biggest shit talker ive ever met..
    in the space of 15minutes he sold two sets of wheels. claims a guy under the username DNT-CRY bought them!

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Sorry mate but yeah Honda is going the same way as Hyundai and Kia into making these cars with no real personality and just to be palatable to the majority. Don't get me wrong they are doig it well but the newer generations are a far cry from the models that got most people involved. The same can be said of most manufacturers however and they still have a ways to go befor they are as woeful as peugeots and citroens but.. Still...
    -Amant02

Member Array
    Car:
    ACCORD EURO
    The all new Civic has just won the 2016 American and Canadian car of the year awards.
    Honda hope it will replace the current Civic range,as well as the Accord Euro range locally.

I think it looks awesome,and will give the top selling Mazda 3s and Toyota Corollas a good run for their money...

I doubt we will get the turbo version, It has electronic handbrake.
    Bet that will fail.
    Also Manual will be on povospec and AUTO ONLY on everything else.

Doesnt look that bad.
    Last edited by Grayfox; 22-03-2016 at 09:01 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    $10 says no turbo

civic is not sold as a fun car here. only fridge on wheels.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Quote Originally Posted by curtis265 View Post
    $10 says no turbo

civic is not sold as a fun car here. only fridge on wheels.
    This is true, until you take a ride in the ULTIMATE FN2
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Member Array
    Car:
    ®
    Looks like we're getting Turbo VTEC but it will be CVT only. The only good looking 10th gen is the 3dr hatch - and we wont be getting that

http://www.caradvice.com.au/361187/n...d-2016/?plista

"(Update) Furthermore, expect high-end versions of the new Civic to premiere (in Australia) Honda’s long-awaited range of turbocharged VTEC engines. These high end versions will likely get a new 1.5-litre four-pot capable of as much as 150kW/260Nm. Entry cars should keep the current 104kW/174Nm 1.8-litre engine used at present in some variants."

"Once again, Australia’s won’t get the US-focused Civic coupe. "

Some good things about it:

http://www.hondanews.com/releases/ee...f-015977dc9db2

Ultra-rigid body with 59-percent application of high-strength steel and 14-percent application of ultra-high-strength steel (up from 55 percent and 1 percent, respectively, in the previous model)

68-pound reduction in unibody weight versus the previous Civic Sedan, despite its larger size and greater stiffness

Ultra-high-strength steel B-pillars and rear frame rails with selectively-tempered "soft zones" for reduced weight and enhanced collision performance (Civic first)

Ultra-rigid 590-mpa high-strength-steel floor for enhanced collision performance and improved ride quality (Civic first)

New multi-link independent rear suspension

Hydraulic compliance bushings for premium levels of ride quality and road vibration isolation (Civic first)

Larger stabilizer bars with bonded bushings for more refined body control (Civic first)

Rigid aluminum rear damper brackets for improved ride quality (Civic first)

Ultra-rigid 590-mpa high-strength steel floor for enhanced collision performance

Curb Weight = 1267.7907kg - not bad for a massive civic
    Last edited by ep3rsteve; 21-03-2016 at 12:12 PM.