Custom OEM look gauge mounts

Hi Ozhonda.

I thought i'd post up some progress i've been making on some parts i've been working on.

A little while back i made a custom gauge mount for my EF sedan that replaced the driver side air vent. Originally i had it 3D printed, but i've since cast it in resin which means i could make a few from the same mold. This is what they turned out like:

I'm going to start making them for CRX/hatch/wagon and then maybe EG/EK if there's enough interest.

I'm making this thread to keep track of progress and i guess see if anyone is interested in them.

I haven't worked out pricing yet. It'll depend on the costs of consumables and how much time goes into them.

First step will be to head to the wrecker and find myself a hatch driver side vent. Unless someone has one to donate to the cause?

If anyone is interested in buying a sedan one (suit 90-91 suit 52mm gauge only at this stage) PM me.

Steve.
    FFamily

Looking good. If you are able to do some custom work for EK, please let me know. I'm looking for a custom mount into EK drivers vent for an EVC 5 boost controller.
    https://www.facebook.com/ISOMedia.Photography

WP: 1:10.0
    Winton: 1:40.5
    Marulan: 0:48.7

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    can you do that for EG?
    connorling, your profile and evidenced by your post tells me alot about what type of feral you are..... all class 'hay'!!!! ps. not your m8....

Quote Originally Posted by connorling View Post
    can you do that for EG?
    Probably. Focusing on EF at the moment. From pictures though, i think i'll do EK next... EG's airvents are incorporated into the dash unlike EF/EK.

Quote Originally Posted by FongPei View Post
    Looking good. If you are able to do some custom work for EK, please let me know. I'm looking for a custom mount into EK drivers vent for an EVC 5 boost controller.
    It'd cost too much to do a one off.

Will be picking up an ED/EF hatch vent to prototype on this weekend.
    FFamily

Thanks to a mate in NZ, i've got a hatch vent on its way. Also included the dash surround to check clip fitment.

Will be starting work on it next week.
    FFamily

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Awesome stuff steve.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Sedan
    do they come in Brown? lol

Quote Originally Posted by markismaximus View Post
    do they come in Brown? lol
    You can paint it poo brown if you like
    FFamily

Some progress, doing some prototyping on the hatch one to get the shape 100%:

Also sold one of the sedan ones, here's a pic that was sent through after it was installed (thanks Hayden):

FFamily