Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question What happened to my cl9?

So I drove out to Canberra and Sydney last Friday from Melbourne and came across a slight problem. About halfway through, my check engine light came on however the car seemed to be running fine, it was serviced recently too so all fluids were okay. When I got to a mechanic in Canberra, he checked it for me and said my knock sensor was faulty, said I was good to drive back and just get it fixed at my mechanic in Melb.

Anyway, when I was around Sydney the car felt more sluggish, I suppose I only noticed this because I was in suburban+city traffic stopping and going opposed to a freeway but despite this, the car was still fine, no knocking or vibrating. One thing to point out, when I'd restart the car, the check engine light wouldn't come on until a few minutes, I'm pretty sure going hard on the throttle made it pop but it wasn't instant.

Back in Melbourne for 2 days and I notice that the check engine light hasn't come on yet, despite going on the freeway and driving around a fair amount. When I got car diagnosed just then, codes came up again about the knock sensor however when we tested it there didn't seem to be any problem, went pretty hard on the car and still no check engine light. After my mech. messed around with the codes a little bit, VSA alert indicator came on and stayed on, and then the VSA light would come on after 50km/h indicating malfunction, came back after a test drive, played with it a bit more and it was fixed. Didn't replace the sensor.

Any idea what the heck that was lol, we're pretty beat. Only different thing done to my car in the past 2 weeks was switching over to using BP 98 Ultimate fuel (never used it before) and new fatter 18" tires.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Get a scan of the engine error code. It should be stored in the ecu.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Throwing a Knock sensor code? I'd guess it's the knock sensor.

Nah it may just be an intermitant failing with the sensor itself rather than an issue with the engine acctually knocking. That issue is quite common on Subarus for example

Yeah the engine wasn't knocking, just pulled up a P0325 code but now everything is fine, didn't touch the sensor but should I be worried about it anymore if it doesn't act up?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    if you don't suspect an actual knock, replace the knock sensor.
    Mate my bbk cost more than your Honda.
    -Amant02

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Replace knock sensor
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Thanks guys.
    When he showed me the price of a new one, came up as around $350, while there are a heap online ranging from $10-$50. Any recommendations on which I should go with? Ones from the wreckers should also be usable right? Just would rather look at my options than blow that much on a small sensor.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Fuelmiser part number CKS180 order in from repco for 90...
    Mate my bbk cost more than your Honda.
    -Amant02

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    genuine honda one from usa was under 100 if i remember right
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    G6E turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by u mad? View Post
    genuine honda one from usa was under 100 if i remember right
    depending on the exchange rate usa will be good choice! aus dollar little better lately
    FFamily

Will do, thanks again!

So I went ahead and got the sensor changed, purchased the Fuelmiser part. First day was fine, next day I take it over to my mech. after work to replace my battery and on the way home I get another check engine light. Drive back and once again I get another knock sensor reading telling me there's no signal.

Any idea what I should do? Mechanic is a family friend and straight up just told me to live with it, didn't know what was happening. Frustrating because my car goes retarded and drives badly with this going on.