Newcomer Array
    Car:
    INTEGRA

Rubber skirt kit for DC5

I want to get this stuff as a) I like the look of it and b) I'm sick of my bumper hitting concrete if I'm at an awkward angle, hitting the rubber would be much more desired Can anyone recommend the best option? Here is what I'm after:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/3-5M-Fron.../231857261489?

For the front bumper and side skirts..

Thank you

Member Array
    Car:
    CR2 Accord VTiL
    I have never used them myself, however I think if it's just held on by 3M double sided tape it might just come off over time. Especially after a season of winter rain.
    Also, if you scrape it, it might just come right off. Or you might have half of it dragging under the car.

Will be interested to hear from anyone who has tried them though.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    INTEGRA
    Quote Originally Posted by minircc View Post
    I have never used them myself, however I think if it's just held on by 3M double sided tape it might just come off over time. Especially after a season of winter rain.
    Also, if you scrape it, it might just come right off. Or you might have half of it dragging under the car.

Will be interested to hear from anyone who has tried them though.
    From a tutorial I saw it was also attached on with small screws every 5-10cm or something to avoid this, think I saw it on a US forum.

Member Array
    Car:
    CR2 Accord VTiL
    Ah yes, that would be a good idea. Just don't screw them down too tight otherwise the rubber will squash down and might have a ripple effect.
    By the way, I have seen these on AliExpress for much much cheaper. Don't know if they were exactly the same though.

Member Array
    Car:
    G6E turbo
    ez-lip
    FFamily

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    INTEGRA
    There was another website that compared rubber types - afraid AliExpress may supply the cheaper rubber. Think it was the quality rubber = very dense, low quality rubber = thicker and appear slightly sponge like.

I've heard of Ez-Lip but then its rival Rhino Lip .. lol

Member Array
    Car:
    G6E turbo
    Rhino will be strong but more difficult than EZ
    FFamily

Member Array
    Car:
    DC1 Integra. Yh
    Quote Originally Posted by YeahByuddy View Post
    Rhino will be strong but more difficult than EZ
    but what if it was difficult rather than strong?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    INTEGRA
    Thanks for the replies. I just had a new bumper put on and wanted some I'd purchased installed when I had my car serviced, should they know what they're doing with it? I didn't go with the guys supplying the bumper as they only had the rubber lip that was very thin which I want to avoid. Think they just stick the adhesive side on then drill a few screws to keep it from shifting when it hits a bump in the road etc but from the US advertisement video I saw it was to prevent mainly the front bumper and side skirts scraping especially for cars lower than mine. I mentioned it to a young mechanic a couple of years back and he had no idea what is was or how it goes on.. lol
    Last edited by cougarbait; 17-05-2016 at 03:40 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    93 Dc2 Si-Vtec
    I've had this on my dc2, for the side skirts they look good and stayed on for the past maybe 2ish years, as for the front they didnt last long because of how low my car is. Decided to keep the side skirts rubber and for the front i ended up getting a custom made splitter out of wood to protect the bumper, hope this helps.