Enkei wheels lug nut torque damage?

Hi guys who are running light weight Enkei rims.

I've been running RPF1's for about 2 years now. Bought correct shape (cone?) lug nuts (made of steel I think), which is evidence by contact marks along the entire mating surface. But after removing and attaching them many times I'm starting to see fine flecks and splinters of alloy coming off with the lug nuts. And of course the black paint came off ages ago. Is this something anyone else has had?
    I figured to prevent damage I would invest in some Enkei brand aluminium lug nuts which are made of 'super hard aluminium'.
    Really don't wanna torque them down less than the (Honda) recommended 108nm as I have experience losing a couple that weren't tight enough before

I've been running Kics R40s/R40 Revos and haven't had that issue...
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Hmmm. Hopefully the enkei nuts I ordered will prevent further damage. Surely they're compatible :P

Compatible is one thing, the other is design itself.

R40/R40 Revos have a floating head allowing it to sit nicely without scraping as you described.
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Hmm... Shouldn't enkei use tapered nuts? Cone shape should be oem honda only ain't it
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Maybe you're right. But I remember checking when I bought the wheels and was different from the stock ones.

Enkei wheels lug nut torque damage?

In case anyone cares. This is the difference between steel autobarn nuts and super high tech enkei nuts overnight from Japan. Same shape but much larger surface area from the enkeis.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by PJT View Post
    overnight from Japan
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Das it meng