Name:	12191714_10153168415000785_1131474511388643663_n.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	63.7 KB 
ID:	29563
    Current mods:
    PLM 4-1 Header
    2.5" Exhaust
    Comptech Icebox

Looking at cam upgrades. Now, because I have 01 DC2R, apparently they came out with CTR intake cam, so finding a cam upgrade that is worthwhile, without going too big is difficult, so I would like some help. I am after more midrange power, not big on peak numbers as this is a daily car and not tracked. More aggressive VTEC would be nice aswell. Not fussed if idle is sacrificed a bit as car is driven twice a week (but a tiny bit lumpy does sound cool) . Happy to leave redline at stock 8600 unless the Cam is designed to make power past that point.

Are these part choices a good match?:
    Hondata S300
    Supertech dual valve springs and retainers
    AEM tru time cam gears
    Skunk2 tuner series stage 2 B series cams (would like some BC3+ but cant find any).

Feel free to comment and or recommend other parts better or more suited or anything else I am missing.

1.Do I need bigger injectors? (want to avoid if possible),
    2. Do I need to upgrade retainers aswell??
    3. Do I need to upgrade values? (want to avoid if possible)
    4. Rough tuning time? If I can get a camshaft which is almost drop in with little tuning time (allow me some time to drive the car just incase I cant get to tuner straight away) that would be a bonus too.

Again, please bare in mind I have CTR cam shaft which came with the 2001 ITR, so I am after a cam where I will notice a difference.
    EG

Member Array
    Car:
    no weetek civic
    1. Not necessarily, I know of people who have kept stock injectors and reg, but they're at max capacity. I have myself on stock ITR cams and ITR valvetrain. Not advisable but you live your own life.
    2. Yes springs and retainers would be almost required for anything over oem (except skunk2 stage 1 tuner series for example, i.e. cams made to work with OEM valvetrain).
    3. No, not doing enough to warrant change of valves.
    4. Depends on who tunes it, on whether you want to run adjustable cam gears (which I would say is a good idea just to dial them in perfectly).

From personal experience, depending on how far you want I'd say your best bet is skunk2, either stage 1 or stage 2. Stage 2 definitely more aggressive, gives more push me in seat feels in vtec, and can 100% tell vtec has just cracked, thats what the ramping is like, but with stage 2 you need upgraded valvetrain to suit.

The list you got up is pretty solid for a generic N/A head build but you got it spot on. stage 2 should be good for your midrange, but depends on who tunes and how they tune it.

good luck.
    SSpamily

hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    Cam upgrade is meh

Needs super light chassis like ed or ef

Or just kswap
    SSpamily