Thread: Wiring for B16A

Wiring for B16A

Does anyone know which wire is + and - for the CYL & CRANK?
    The wiring diagrams I have don't really tell me. See below.
    A friend of mine seems to think it is the following

Sensor terminal - see below for reference.
    B -
    F +
    C -
    D +
    G -
    H +

The second question I have is does anyone know what the black wire is in the engine harness D/S tower plug? (14pin plug)
    All the info I have shows the fan switch, speed sensor & Vtec pressure switch going to ground near the thermostat but there is only two physical wires I can see grounded. I am tipping it's one of them but which one?

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    If you peel the harness conduit off you can see more wires being grounded to those 2 wires

Use a multimeter to find which ones you need.
    OEM parts whore

you have the +/- the opposite way around
    B+
    F-
    Etc..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeh I wasn't too convinced it was correct. Where is this info from? Is it from a reliable source?

Info is reliable... several different sources will show the same

http://www.ff-squad.com/tech/wiring/...izzywiring.jpg

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/attachm...5&d=1294178861 <-----viewed from backside of dizzy connector)

Discounting the above, the Honda FSM also shows you the pin location on the Dizzy connector and where it leads to on the ECU (B15, B16, etc..) so you don't really need to worry about which is +/-

<-------Viewed from front side of connector
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	1876 
Size:	58.6 KB 
ID:	29578  

P.s. I'm assuming you need this info to extend the wires from Passenger side shock tower down to the ECU on your mini conversion?
    Save yourself the trouble - go out and the find a wrecked EG and start cutting that section of wiring out. It will save you a lot of time mucking around as you can just plug it in from engine harness to ECU, then all you have to worry about is wiring to your dash/main harness... just a thought

Yeh that's what I have done. I have the tower to ECU harness but am using an aftermarket ECU so just making sure I pin the wires correctly into my ECU.
    Thanks for the info.