Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    drain the oil - grab a screwdriver and hammer it slightly into the oil filter and rotate. Remove and get a face full of oil.
    Or go to supercheap auto or repco and grab a tool that you can keep and use for life.

I have a grip tool which i have had for almost 15 years. Great stuff.

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Quote Originally Posted by yb07ha View Post
    Guess the procrastination got the better of you lol.
    I use this:
    http://www.rehabmart.com/product/grip-rolls-2302.html
    U can find it almost anywhere here in sydney maybe not up there?
    not a bad idea

This could be a fantastic exercise to become a "car guy" most of the stuff your talking about isn't too hard for the home mechanic. Most people have already explained what many of hte problems could be, little bit of googling and youll find the DIY guides on how to do all the stuff. These cars are quite basic and easy to work on so its a good platform to learn on!

Sounds like stuff you could fix and then either sell it or you've got yourself a gem of a car!

Just an update: I mostly regret trying to get the car back on it's feet. The main problem is the CVT, that's what causes the shuddering, not the coil packs.

I replaced the coil packs, engine oil, coolant, changed the oil filter, changed the air filter & cabin filter, ran some engine/injection cleaner through the fuel.

The occasional hiccup went away. The shuddering on acceleration was unchanged. It actually got noticeably worse over time. I paid a place to do the CVT fluid flush/change which had a little impact and combined with this calibration tip had a fair bit more impact but it's still very noticeable even when starting slowly on a flat surface and ridiculous when starting on any kind of upward slope.

All up I've spent over $1k and things have only gotten a bit better. The car is still not really saleable, I don't think, and never will be because of that starting shudder.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    You probably don't want to spend anymore money on this car and cut your losses.
    Its your start clutch which may need replacing.
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/archive...p/t-62232.html
    The oil needs to be cvt specific oil. Have you tried lubegard. They are the better tranny additive manufacturer.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    Make sure the garage used honda cvt oil. Make sure they actually calibrated the trans afterwards. fuk mechanics cant trust them, just do it your self at least you know whats been done

with regular oild changes (every 20k kms) you might still get another 100k kms out of your cvt with a shudering clutch, depends how worn it is
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe