Exclamation Heavy Steering on my CL9 2006

I recently got a new honda accord euro 2006 luxury and after driving for a while I suspected that the Power Steering is a lot heavier than it should be. Drove a mates car (same year/model etc) and his steering was a lot easier and smoother than mine. The car did have low power steering fluid (was just under low mark on resevoir).Topped it up when I found out. No obvious squeeling. However turning the steering left and right whilst the car is idle, bonnet open, does make the engine louder (not sure if this is meant to happen but it seems normal). Does anyone experience the same problem? Any tips on how I should go about this.

P.S the power steering hasnt completely shit itself. Just feels extremely heavy compared to my mates car same make model etc.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by anthoneeyz View Post
    I recently got a new honda accord euro 2006 luxury and after driving for a while I suspected that the Power Steering is a lot heavier than it should be. Drove a mates car (same year/model etc) and his steering was a lot easier and smoother than mine. The car did have low power steering fluid (was just under low mark on resevoir).Topped it up when I found out. No obvious squeeling. However turning the steering left and right whilst the car is idle, bonnet open, does make the engine louder (not sure if this is meant to happen but it seems normal). Does anyone experience the same problem? Any tips on how I should go about this.

P.S the power steering hasnt completely shit itself. Just feels extremely heavy compared to my mates car same make model etc.
    Hey there. If your engine is at idle and you turn the steering, then engine does rev higher slightly and louder. It's because the power steering pump runs off the accessory belt. If your steering is heavier than others, check your tyres. Different brands/models of tyres, size and tyre pressure will affect steering feel and weight.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    It is also a good idea to change the power steering fluid with genuine Honda fluid.
    It is usually pretty black if this is the first time it has been changed.

Aaronng is probably right. The culprit most likely be the width difference (friction) of your tires.

Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Hey there. If your engine is at idle and you turn the steering, then engine does rev higher slightly and louder. It's because the power steering pump runs off the accessory belt. If your steering is heavier than others, check your tyres. Different brands/models of tyres, size and tyre pressure will affect steering feel and weight.
    Thanks. It might just be the tyres. I'll jack the front of the car up and try turning left and right and see how that goes and if there is any obvious difference. Thanks the info

Ye I'm planning to do a PSF change when I'm free. Reckon it's difficult to do so?

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    It should be relatively easy to do.
    You can either drain and refil the reservoir or flush the system depending on your ability.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Honda PSF is very close to the thick hydraulic fluid used in forklifts and shit.

I dont use oem actually, I used the Penrite HPSO specifically for Honda. 3 bottles for a full flush.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars